The students will acquire knowledge about the legal regulation of the real estate business.
1. Laws governing owner control and governmental control
- The planning and building act and other laws governing the building of new houses and changes to existing buildings
- Concession legislation (Falkanger § 7.6)
- The owner's disposal of real estate.
- Bråthen/Røse Solli (red.): Lærebok i praktisk eiendomsmegling, del II, kap. 6, Lov og rett for næringslivet kap.16
- Falkanger, Thor. 2016. Fast eiendoms rettsforhold. 5. utg. Universitetsforlaget. § 7.6 og § 2
2. Other subjects related to property law
- Legal rules on common usage of real estate
- Legal rules on restrictive rights in real estate (restrictive covenants, ground lease)
- Legal rules on real estate boundaries
- Neighbour law
- Right to redeem allodial land
- Falkanger, Thor. 2016. Fast eiendoms rettsforhold. 5. utg. Universitetsforlaget.
§ 3.5, § 4, § 5.5, § 11, § 12, § 13.
- Rettsreglene om hevd av fast eiendom (Falkanger § 5.5)
- Rettsreglene om begrensede rettigheter i fast eiendom (servitutter) (Falkanger § 12)
- Rettsreglene om fast eiendoms grenser (Falkanger § 4)
- Eiers rett og naboene (Falkanger § 13)
- Løsningsrettigheter (Falkanger § 3.5)
- Tomtefeste (Falkanger § 11)
3. Family, inheritance and probate law
- Economic consequences of marriage, including contracting on behalf of the spouse
- Laws on and consequences of divorce
- Laws of succession (family/spouses), including regulations on statutorily prescribed share
- Laws on the drawing up of wills
- Laws on probate cases
- Unmarried cohabitation
- Unneberg, Inge: Familie-, arve- og odelsrett for eiendomsmeglere, kompendium for eiendomsmeglerstudiet, 2009
4. Allodial rights and primogeniture
- Laws on the right to acquire allodium and on the procedures for such acquisitions.
- Allodial privilege
- Unneberg, Inge: Familierett, arverett og odelsrett for eiendomsmeglere, kompendium for eiendomsmeglerstudiet, 2009.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.