Small Business Development
The course aims at qualifying students for management of small and medium-sized enterprises, SMEs, as well as for consultancy work for SMEs. This entails that the specialisation has ties to the business community. Cases and discussions are used to enable students to find work methods for contributing optimally to their own and other students learning. Hence the students become responsible for the learning processes, together with the organizers of the processes.
- Management, organization and management of an SME
- Comprehensive management through interaction and team development between the board and daily management
- The company's life cycle from start-up via growth to mature company
- Formal aspects of the board's work based on company law, regulations, articles of association and standards
- The board and management in situational conditions (change, restructuring, crises, conflicts)
- Innovation and development from the entrepreneurial phase to running operations - development of business models
- Management of strategic processes for development and growth in SMEs
- Operational and day-to-day management of an SME
- Development of management
- The challenges and opportunities of digitalisation in an SME
- CSR - Sustainability - Climate / Environment as a strategic competitive advantage in an SME
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.