Small Business Development
This course, together with BTH 9743 Bachelor Thesis - Small Business Development, 15 ECTS, makes up a specialisation of 30 ECTS, which is included in the students final diploma. The course applies to students enrolled on the Bachelors Programme in Marketing or the Bachelors Programme in Business Administration. Other students may choose this course as an elective in their 3rd year.
The course aims at qualifying students for management of small and medium-sized enterprises SMEs as well as for consultancy work for SMEs. This entails that the specialisation has ties to the business community. Cases and discussions are used to enable students to find work methods for contributing optimally to their own and other students learning. Hence the students become responsible for the learning processes, together with the organizers of the processes.
- The funktion of the board and leadership in SMR
- The board and the operative daily leadership
- The internar roles in the board. Formal design and unformal interaction, team and team leadership, board competence
- The boards function and leadership challenges with different phases in a company’s life and the board function I various type of companies
- The digital paradigm – board an leadership in the digitalization
- Formal aspects with the boards work with focus on the law and regulations
- The boards responsibility for developing parent management tools with focus on innovation,strategy and value creation
- The boards responsibility for developing finance, risk management, fusion, fission, leadership information – and steering systems
- Inovation and development form the entrepreneurial phase to ordinary operations – developement of business models
- Strategick management and strategic process in SME’s
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.