Supply Chain Management
The special perspective on business provided by supply chain management has been growing in importance over the last thirty years. It started with an emphasis on physical distribution management, then developing to include the entire logistics of a company from receiving materials to dispatch of finished goods. Today the emphasis has widened to include all business partners required to source, make and deliver goods to end users. The objective of this course is to provide the students with an overview of supply chain management issues and challenges.
Major topics to be covered include
- The link between logistics and customer value
- Logistics and the bottom line – measuring costs and performance
- Creating a responsive supply chain
- Managing the global pipeline
- Managing supply chain relationship
- Matching a sustainable supply chain
- Product design in the supply chain
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.