The UN´s sustainability goals changes the framework in private and public sector. Requirements to green growth, technological innovations and increased focus on sustainable products and services affects business models and practices. Traditional business models are challenged by new technology and value chains are transformed. At the same time the consumers are drawn towards businesses that want to contribute to a positive change in the world. The fact put pressure on businesses, not only financial returns, bur also social responsibility that influence strategy, marketing and communication.
The course focuses on the potential for value creation in the interface between new technology, digitalization, new markets and sustainability. We look at Norwegian and leading international trends in companies that have made sustainability a competitive advantage for their own business by developing, marketing, communicating and selling products and services in new ways, in new markets and channels.
The course is relevant for people seeking knowledge and practical skills related to sustainability and future business model innovation. The course is also suitable for those who work with marketing, strategic communication, positioning and market communication in the private and public sectors.
Global challenges, an economic, social, moral problem
- Sustainability and the green shift, current trends and future scenarios for green
growth towards 2030?
- Sustainability as a business model and competitiveness
- Sustainable markets, products and services, what are the possibilities? Where are the markets?
- Green management and strategy design
- Segmentation and market development for sustainable consumption
- Interaction between sustainable business model innovation and new technology, change drivers, industry 4.0
- Sharing economy and circular economy
- Short about the cloud, internet of things, big data analytics and artificial intelligence
- How to implement sustainability in branding?
- Communication and marketing during the transition period
- from attitude change to behavior change
Strategic message development
- How can businesses communicate the green shift to gain legitimacy, awareness and commitment?
- Communication platforms and social networks, involvement, engagement and dissemination
- Climate risk as a financial risk and ethical aspects of sustainable business operations
- Innovation and design of sustainable and profitable business based on specific business cases
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.