Understanding the Digitalisation in Business
Automation and digitalization increases in Norwegian value chains. Digitalization of goods and services leads to new and disruptive business models, which will have a major influence on and transform almost all sectors of the industry. The course provides a general understanding of how accessible digital content intervenes in key processes in business. We'll cover how businesses can utilize the available digital content as a resource to promote profitability and competitive advantage, and how an increased degree of sharing culture and big data affects strategic thinking, corporate communications, marketing and innovation.
- The digital network society: big data, the cloud and "Internet of things" - Digital economy, transaction costs, network effects
- Business models and business development for digitalized business
- Gain perspective; Management gains, rationalization benefits, organizational gains, market gains
- Social networking, web, search and consumer behavior online
- Social organizations: Involvement, communication and decision support
- Strategic Foundation: ask, listen, measure, learn
- Use of web technology in communications and marketing
- Security, law and ethics
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.