RVK Basic Course - Land-based facilities in general
About the course
The course provides a general and fairly comprehensive introduction to the regulations, and how these should be understood and applied.
This course if offered in-company only.
Eight land-based facilities along the coast
Day 1: 09:00 – 16:00
Introduction to the RVK programme
Session 1: Regulations - historical development and background
Session 2: Structures and roles
Session 3: The Framework Regulations
Day 2: 09:00 – 16:00
Session 4: The Management Regulations
Session 5: Working environment and health
Session 6: Competence and operational requirements
Session 7: Emergency preparedness and the external environment
- Brief historical overview of events and milestones that have led to the development of a comprehensive and coordinated set of rules and regulations for the petroleum industry.
- An overview of structures and contents and the differences between regulations and guidelines.
- Roles and responsibilities (including: the obligated party, the duty to ensure compliance and employee participation)
- HSE-related management, risk and risk reduction (the management loop, change processes, HSE culture, etc.)
- Different types of regulatory requirements (common requirements, multidisciplinary and supplementary requirements, functional requirements and detailed requirements) and fulfilment of these
Regulations, with guidelines, applicable in petroleum activities on certain onshore facilities:
BI Norwegian Business School
Tel: +47 98251716
BI - campus Stavanger