RVK Basic Course with focus on Development Projects, Modifications and Maintenance
About the course
The course provides a general and relatively comprehensive introduction to the regulations, and how these should be understood and applied.
In addition, the course will give the participants an understanding of the requirements relating to development projects and modifications, and how to apply the regulations.
- Operating companies
- Engineering companies
- Contractor companies
- Operations personnel on both permanent and mobile facilities
- Project personnel in operating companies and contractor companies
Day 1: 09:00 – 16:00
Introduction to the RVK programme
Session 1: Regulations - historical development and background
Session 2: Structures and roles
Session 3: The Framework Regulations
Session 4: The Management Regulations
Day 2: 09:00 – 16:00
Session 5: Working environment and health
Session 6: Development projects, modifications and maintenance
Session 7: Competence and operational requirements
Session 8: Emergency preparedness and the external environment
- Brief historical overview of events and milestones that have led to the development of a comprehensive and coordinated set of rules and regulations for the petroleum industry.
- An overview of structures and contents and the differences between regulations and guidelines.
- Roles and responsibilities (including: the obligated party, the duty to ensure compliance and employee participation)
- HSE-related management, risk and risk reduction (the management loop, change processes, HSE culture, etc.)
- Different types of regulatory requirements (common requirements, multidisciplinary and supplementary requirements, functional requirements and detailed requirements) and fulfilment of these
Regulations, with guidelines, applicable in petroleum activities offshore:
Registration 18 - 19 September 2017