RVK Basic Course with focus on Drilling and Wells
About the course
The course provides a general and relatively comprehensive introduction to the regulations, and how these should be understood and applied.
In addition, the course gives an insight into the specific requirements relating to design of drilling and well installations and well equipment, as well as execution of the activities involved.
- Operating companies
- Contractor companies
- Service companies responsible for drilling and well maintenance
Day 1: 09:00 – 16:00
Introduction to the RVK programme
Session 1: Regulations - historical development and background
Session 2: Structures and roles
Session 3: The Framework Regulations
Session 4: The Management Regulations
Day 2: 09:00 – 16:00
Session 5: Working environment and health
Session 6: Drilling and wells
Session 7: Competence and operational requirements
Session 8: Emergency preparedness and the external environment
- Brief historical overview of events and milestones that have led to the development of a comprehensive and coordinated set of rules and regulations for the petroleum industry.
- An overview of structures and contents and the differences between regulations and guidelines.
- Roles and responsibilities (including: the obligated party, the duty to ensure compliance and employee participation)
- HSE-related management, risk and risk reduction (the management loop, change processes, HSE culture, etc.)
- Different types of regulatory requirements (common requirements, multidisciplinary and supplementary requirements, functional requirements and detailed requirements) and fulfilment of these
Regulations, with guidelines, applicable in petroleum activities offshore:
REGISTRATION 09 - 10 April