International Perspectives on Innovation - CANCELLED
This course is cancelled autumn 2017.
The objective of the course is to show how different perceptions on innovation has evolved as a result of theoretical, academic, technological, industrial, economic and political development, and how the international development has effected Norway.
- The American challenge
- National champions
- Silicon Valley, The smart phone industry
- Small is beautiful and the Japanese lessons
- European integration the Single European act
- Globalisation and innovation
- The Norwegian SI and clusters
- The Norwegian SI in oil
- The Nordic model
- The Indian and/or Chinese Challenge.
- Has innovation slowed down?
- Summing up
Learning outcome knowledge
- Comprehend theories on innovation and technological development.
- Consider innovation's role and place in society.
- Understand business and companies’ roles towards innovation.
- Understand the governments’ roles towards innovation.
- Get a thorough understanding of the Norwegian innovation system, or Norwegian clusters.
- Be able to evaluate the firms in relation to innovation, development and crises.
- Class participation: 20%
- Written exam: 80%