FORK 1006 Preparatory Course in Accounting
Students that are accepted to the programme in Master in Accounting and Auditing have various backgrounds, and some have not sufficient knowledge of basic accounting to follow the mandatory courses in financial reporting, financial statement analysis, auditing and valuation. This voluntary course gives an introduction to accounting which defines a starting point of knowledge for the mandatory courses.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Primary financial statements
- Central accounting concepts
- Specification and classification of the balance sheet and income statement
- Recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities
- Double entry accounting
- Accrual accounting
- Cash flow statement
- Reporting entity and consolidation
Learning outcome knowledge
The purpose of the course is to sum up the knowledge about accounting topics that is necessary to follow the mandatory courses in financial reporting, financial statement analysis, auditing and valuation in the programme.