Business Analysis and Valuation - RESIT EXAMINATION
Business analysis and valuation (fundamental analysis) is an important task for research analysts, investment bankers, corporate finance specialists, mergers and acquisitions analysts, venture capitalists, and individual investors. The task is to thoroughly examining information about companies and reaching conclusions about the underlying value that information implies.
- Introduction to equity security analysis
- Recasting financial statements and the economic balance sheet
- Prospective Analysis
- The dividend valuation model
- Valuation using Price Multiples
- Valuation Discounted Cash Flow Models
- Cost of Capital Analysis
- Valuation using Residual Income Valuation Models (RIV-B and RIV-E)
- Valuation and Active Investing
- Writing a Valuation Report
Learning outcome knowledge
The objective of this course is to help the student develop the skills necessary to do valuations of companies based on financial information.
- Written assignment: 30%
- Written exam: 70%