Financial Accounting and Taxation
The course consists of four parts: regulatory environment for financial reporting in accordence with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) (15%), preparation of separate financial statements and consolidated financial statements (45%), management working capital and sources of short-term finance (15%), and fundamentals of business taxation (25%).
This course is closely related to the Financial Strategy course of the CIMA professional qualification as Chartered Global Management Accounting™.
- Key topics under IFRS
- Separate and consolidated financial statements
- Sources of short-term finance and cash investment
- Analyse of working capital and short-term cash position
- Corporate taxation
Learning outcome knowledge
The students shall obtain knowledge about:
- The main elements and key principles underpinning separate and consolidated financial statements prepared according to IFRS
- The sources of short-term finance and cash investment
- The types of taxation that typically apply to an incorporated entity and the regulatory environment for taxation
- The taxation issues that may apply to an incorporated entity that operates internationally
- Written exam: 100%