After completing this course, students will be able to understand the basic functioning of a Treasury Department in an organization, regardless of whether it is a small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) or a large public company. This course covers part of the content of courses P2. Advanced Management Accounting and F3. Financial Strategy of the CIMA professional qualification as Chartered Global Management Accounting™.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Corporate Treasury Management
- Liquidity Planning and managing cash
- Liquidity Planning and working capital management
- Liquidity Planning and short-term debt management
- Liquidity Planning and risk management
- Cross-border Treasury Management
- New trends in Treasury Management
Learning outcome knowledge
The students will be able to identify the different types of treasury management instruments available along with their purpose, and will have an overview of the risks and challenges faced in the context of treasury management.
- Presentation: 40%
- Peer evaluation: 20%
- Written exam: 40%