Contemporary Topics in Organizational Behavior
Research on organizational behavior focuses on the understanding of employee behaviors and attitudes that ultimately contribute to organizational success or failure. The study of organizational behavior seeks to identify factors that influence employees, the processes by which these factors exert their influence and ways of applying this knowledge within organizations.
- The field of organizational behavior
- Motivation and job design
- The employee-organization relationship
- Organisational justice
- Social exhange theory
- Leader-member exchange
- Perceived organisational support
- Organisational commitment
Learning outcome knowledge
After completion, students should:
1) Be acquainted with major perspectives and theories used to understand organizational behavior and ways to study it.
2) Be able to identify and present research frontiers within organizational behavior.
3) Be able to identify and position research opportunities within organizational behavior.
4) Be acquainted with relevant research journals, communities, and conferences.
- Written assignment: 100%