Master of Science International Scholarship – Bergen
Awarded to students with a strong academic record, this scholarship is open to international applicants beginning their degree at Campus Bergen.
- Candidates with strong academic records are eligible.
- Only candidates who are admitted to a Master of Science degree programme at campus Bergen are eligible.
- Applicants for the BI Presidential Scholarship who have been admitted to a Master of Science programme at campus Bergen will also be considered for the MSc International Scholarship - Bergen.
How to apply:
- Write a scholarship application letter, maximum one-page, outlining why you are deserving of this scholarship and how your academic record qualifies you for consideration.
- Upload the scholarship application letter on the online application portal along with all the required documentation to be evaluated for admission to a Master of Science programme. The scholarship application will only be considered if an offer of admission is accepted.
Admission applications, including your scholarship application, must be received by March 1.
Selection of Recipients:
BI Norwegian Business School aims to build a diverse and international student body.
- Only applicants who have been admitted to a Master of Science programme and have applied as instructed will be considered.
- BI ensures distribution of scholarships among MSc programmes.
- Priority may be given to applicants from selected countries, selected partner schools of BI, or enrolled in priority master's programmes.
- All candidates will be assessed according to the ECTS scale. Applicants with international bachelor's degrees will have their grades converted to the ECTS scale.
- Other factors that may influence ranking can be other academic achievements, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular achievements, and special personal achievements.
- Preference is given to applicants seeking to earn their first master’s degree.
- Scholarship offers are not sent with offers of admission. Applicants are recommended to accept the offer of admission while awaiting scholarship decisions.
- Scholarship offers will be sent to selected candidates throughout the admission cycle. All scholarships will be awarded by the end of April with the exception of the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship and the BI-Luiss Joint Master in Marketing Scholarship which are awarded later in the spring.
Scholarship decisions cannot be appealed.
Scholarships will cover full tuition for up to two years, if the candidate meets academic progression requirements. A small number of MSc International Scholarships - Bergen may also include a one-time stipend to assist with living expenses in the first semester.
Academic Progression Requirements:
All candidates must meet academic progression requirements in order to maintain their scholarship.
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the MSc International Scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Number of Scholarships
A maximum of 10 scholarships for international applicants are available.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- Awarded scholarships are tied to academic programme and campus, and are not transferrable.
- International candidates who are eligible for a student loan in Norway from Lånekassen (180 ECTS bachelor degree from a Norwegian educational institution) may apply for the BI Presidential Scholarship or the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship. Candidates will be considered as domestic applicants for the purposes of the BI Presidential Scholarship and therefore do not qualify for the stipend for living costs.
- Candidates who have already earned a master’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only international candidates admitted to the Master of Science programme at Campus Bergen commencing Autumn 2022 will be considered for this scholarship.