MSc Entrepreneurship Scholarship
Supporting Norwegian entrepreneurs enrolling in the MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation programme.
In 2018 Den Norske Handelsstands Understøttelsesfond, generously donated a Scholarship earmarked for a Norwegian Master of Science student. The objective is to contribute to the financing of education for a Norwegian entrepreneur.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must apply for admission to, and be accepted in, the MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation programme.
Who can apply:
Applicants who are Norwegian citizens who aspire to become entrepreneurs.
How to apply:
All applicants must write a scholarship application letter for this specific scholarship to be uploaded with your application for admission. The letter should be maximum one page.
- your goals and motivation for studying at BI
- why you would describe yourself as an entrepreneur
- how you feel that you can contribute to the programme and study environment
- the impact receiving this scholarship will have on your education and career ambitions
Grades from previous studies, previous experiences and personal ambitions are part of the decision criteria.
Admission application, including your scholarship application, must be received by March 1.
Selection of Recipients:
BI Norwegian Business School aims to build a diverse and international student body.
- BI ensures distribution of scholarships among MSc programmes.
- All candidates will be assessed according to the ECTS scale. Applicants with international bachelor's degrees will have their grades converted to the ECTS scale.
- Other factors that may influence ranking can be other academic achievements, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular achievements, and special personal achievements.
- Preference is given to applicants seeking to earn their first master’s degree.
- Scholarship offers will be sent to selected candidates throughout the admission cycle. All scholarships will be awarded by the end of April with the exception of the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship and the BI-QS Scholarship which are awarded later in the spring.
Final decisions cannot be appealed.
The MSc Entrepreneurship Scholarship covers full tuition for the first year of studies, and may be renewed for a second year.
All candidates must meet academic progression requirements in order to maintain their scholarship.
Conditions for Renewal for Second Year:
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Number of Scholarships:
For the academic year commencing Autumn 2020, one scholarship is available.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- Candidates who have already earned a master’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only candidates admitted to a Master of Science programme commencing Autumn 2020 will be considered for this scholarship. Inquiries regarding this scholarship are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.