The Entrepreneur Scholarship
Supporting Norwegian entrepreneurs enrolling in the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation programme.
In 2018 Den Norske Handelsstands Understøttelsesfond, generously donated a Scholarship earmarked for a Norwegian Master of Science student. The objective is to contribute to the financing of education for a Norwegian entrepreneur, who otherwise might not be able to finance a master’s degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must apply for admission to, and be accepted in, the Master of Science programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at BI Norwegian Business School.
Who can apply:
Applicants who are Norwegian Citizens, who are entrepreneurs and have already started their own company.
How to apply:
All applicants must write a scholarship application letter for this specific scholarship to be uploaded with your application for admission. The letter should be maximum one page.
- your goals and motivation for studying at BI
- a short description of the company you have started and your vision for starting it
- the organisation number for your company
- how you feel that you can contribute to the programme and study environment
- the impact receiving this scholarship will have on your education and career ambitions
Grades from previous studies, previous experiences and personal ambitions are part of the decision criteria.
Admission application, including your scholarship application, must be received by March 1.
Selection of Recipients:
A committee consisting of representatives from Norsk Handelsstands Understøttelsesfond and BI Norwegian Business School will carry out the selection of scholarship recipients. The final decision cannot be appealed.
The value of this scholarship is two year’s tuition fees. The scholarship will be deducted from each semester’s fee. The scholarship will be administered by BI who is also responsible for the academic follow-up of the recipients. Study progression by the recipients will be followed, and scholarship payments to the student for each semester of the master's degree is dependent on satisfactory study progression, as outlined in the Scholarship Contract.
No internship, thesis counselling, or job opportunities are attached to this scholarship, but previous recipients have been able to make personal agreements when possibilities have arisen.
Conditions for Renewal for Second Year:
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Number of Scholarships:
For the academic year commencing Autumn 2019, one scholarship is available.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- Candidates who have already earned a master’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only candidates admitted to a Master of Science programme commencing Autumn 2019 will be considered for this scholarship. Inquiries regarding this scholarship are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.