Women in Finance and Tech Bachelor Scholarship
Awarded to exceptional female candidates who demonstrate strong academic achievements, the Women in Finance and Tech Bachelor Scholarship is open to female candidates of all nationalities at all our campuses.
The Women in Finance and Tech Bachelor Scholarship is aimed to inspire talented female candidates to pursue post-secondary studies and a career in finance or technology.
BI Norwegian Business School is committed to the UN Sustainability Goals. In particular, BI aims to support efforts towards achieving gender equality. This scholarship is a means to attract and support outstanding female candidates to pursue careers in fields where there is a gender imbalance.
The Women in Finance and Technology Bachelor Scholarship will cover full tuition fees for up to three years, if the student maintains the academic progression requirements for scholarship recipients.
- Female candidates with strong academic records
- Female candidates who receive an offer of admission in one of the following programmes:
- Applicants who apply for the BI International Baccalaureate and the BI International Scholarship will also be considered for this scholarship. A separate scholarship application letter is not required.
How to Apply:
Write a scholarship application letter, maximum one-page, outlining why you are deserving of this scholarship and how your academic record qualifies you for consideration.
Upload the scholarship application letter with your application for admission on the online application portal. Include all the required documentation to be evaluated for admission.
International Applicants: Application for admission, including your scholarship application, must be received by 1 March.
Norwegian Applicants: Application for admission, including the scholarship application, must be received by 20 April.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients:
- BI Norwegian Business School aims to build a diverse and international student body.
- Only applicants who have been admitted to the specified bachelor programmes and have applied as instructed will be considered.
- BI ensures distribution of scholarships among bachelor programmes.
- Priority may be given to applicants from selected countries.
- All candidates will be assessed on their transcripts.
- Other factors that may influence ranking can be other academic achievements, extracurricular achievements, and special personal achievements.
- Preference is given to applicants seeking to earn their first bachelor’s degree.
Notification of Scholarship Awards:
- Scholarship offers are not sent with offers of admission.
- Applicants should accept the offer of admission while awaiting scholarship decisions.
- Scholarship offers will be sent to selected outstanding candidates in April (international applicants) and in June (Norwegian and international applicants).
- Scholarship offers must be accepted by the date indicated on the offer. Scholarships not accepted by the deadline will be withdrawn and reallocated to another candidate.
- Applicants who are not selected will be informed by the end of the scholarship awarding cycle.
Scholarship decisions cannot be appealed.
Academic Progression Requirements:
All candidates must meet academic progression requirements in order to maintain their scholarship.
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the Women in Finance and Tech Bachelor Scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts, and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- Awarded scholarships are tied to academic programme and campus, and are not transferrable.
- Candidates who have already earned a bachelor’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only candidates admitted to the Bachelor of Data Science for Business, or the Bachelor i finans commencing Autumn 2022 will be considered for this scholarship.