Department of Accounting, Auditing and Business Analytics
The Department of Accounting, Auditing and Business Analytics is responsible for all teaching in financial accounting, managerial accounting and auditing at the various programs offered by the BI Norwegian Business School.
The list below summarizes the department’s publications in journals ranked 4* or 4 by the Chartered Association of Business Schools (ABS).
- Hope, Ole-Kristian; Lu, Haihao; Saiy, Sasan
Director compensation and related party transactions
Review of Accounting Studies (forthcoming)
- Langli, John Christian; Hope, Ole-Kristian; Che, Limei
How Big-4 Firms Improve Audit Quality
Management Science (forthcoming)
- Dekeyser, Simon; Gaeremynck, Ann; Willekens, Marleen
Evidence of Industry Scale Effects on Audit Hours, Billing Rates, and Pricing
Contemporary Accounting Research, 2019, 36(2), pg. 666-693.
- Bleibtreu, Christopher; Stefani, Ulrike
The Effects of Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation on Client Importance and Audit Industry Concentration
Accounting Review, 2018, 93(1), pg. 1- 27.
- Chen, Feng; Hope, Ole-Kristian; Li, Qinyuan; Wang, Xin
Flight to Quality in International Markets: Investors? Demand for Financial Reporting Quality during Political Uncertainty Event
Contemporary Accounting Research, 2018, 35(1), pg. 117-155
- Dou, Yiwei; Hope, Ole-Kristian; Thomas, Wayne B.; Zou, Youli
Blockholder Exit Threats and Financial Reporting Quality
Contemporary Accounting Research, 2018, 35(2), pg. 1004-1028
- Hope, Ole-Kristian; Wang, Jingjing
Management deception, big-bath accounting, and information asymmetry: Evidence from linguistic analysis
Accounting, Organizations and Society, 2018; 70, pg. 33-51
- Kisser, Michael; Kiff, John; Soto, Mauricio
Do managers of U.S. defined benefit pension plan sponsors use regulatory freedom strategically?
Journal of Accounting Research, 2017, 55, pg. 1213-1255
- Hope, Ole-Kristian; Hu, Danqi; Zhaoa, Wuyang
Third-party consequences of short-selling threats: The case of auditor behavior
Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2017, 62(2-3), pg. 479-498
- Hope, Ole-Kristian; Wu, Han; Zhao, Wuyang
Blockholder exit threats in the presence of private benefits of control
Review of Accounting Studies, 2017, 22(2), pg. 873-902
- Hope, Ole-Kristian; Hu, Danqi; Lu, Hai
The benefits of specific risk-factor disclosures
Review of Accounting Studies, 2016, 21(4), pg. 1005-1045