Department of Marketing
The Department of Marketing’s vision is to educate market-oriented leaders for the modern economy. Focusing quality, relevance and research driven teaching in all our programs our students will work for the best companies.
The Department of Marketing is one of the largest academic communities within the field of Marketing in Europe. The department recruits internationally in order to ensure high quality research of relevance to the international research community. In doing so, we make efforts to be an attractive adviser and partner for Norwegian and international businesses.
The research and education covers a wide variety of challenges managers meet in the modern market, and the department's researchers publish in high-ranking scientific journals of marketing.
Several of the articles are published in journals that are part of the influential rankings of Financial Times and ABS (Chartered Association of Business Schools). The research of the department has made significant impact within the discipline of marketing, and through the years, several of the published research articles have become classics within the field. In addition, our faculty publishes new and relevant research at a high rate.
Bendik Meling SamuelsenDepartment of Marketing
- Phone: +4746410561
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Administration
Administration: +47 46 41 02 02
BI Norwegian Business School
Switch board: +47 46 41 00 00
The research at the Department of Marketing
focuses on relevance, theory development, and creating solutions for companies. This is done through cooperating closely with several leading Norwegian and international companies, as well as with a large international network of researchers.
- Marketing Strategy – focus on marked oriented leadership, CRM, customer relations, sales, profitability, marketing channels, innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as international marketing.
- Consumer Behavior – focus on purchasing behavior, psychology, and buyer motivation, as well as rational and irrational behavior concerning these actions.
- Marketing Modeling – focus on empirical analyses, modelling, and econometric analyses of buying behavior and company profitability. Researchers in this field are experts in applying and systematizing existing company data and marked data into decision models.
We offer eminent education in marketing at all levels:
- Bachelor (Marketing management, International Marketing)
- Master (Master of Science in strategic marketing management)
- Executive (Marketing management)
- PhD with a specialization in Marketing
Students are encouraged to spend time abroad at one of our 50 excellent partner universities. We foresee that our students start their career in the Department of Marketing and later progress toward general management positions. This requires an in depth knowledge in marketing, an understanding of leadership and finance in order to deliver theory and data driven decisions.
Professor in Marketing
Meet Professor Line Lervik-Olsen. She is an expert in the fields of service marketing and service innovation.
After many years with loyalty programs is it still a promise or is it a fallacy, asks Matilda Dorotic at Norsk Kundebarometer?
No activities in this time period.