Centre for Corporate Communication
Save the date and join us for upcoming events. Click on the events below for more information and registration
There are not any upcoming activities scheduled.
- 27 November: Strategic Measurement and Evaluation of Communication
Asst. Prof. Dr. Alexander Buhmann: Putting Value in Evaluation – How to Use Measurement to Demonstrate the Value of Communication
Svein Inge Leirgulen, board member at Kommunikasjonsforeningen and Communications Director at Tekna: Hvordan måle og evaluere gjennom hele verdikjeden
Jesper Andersen, Strategic Advisor and owner of Quantum PR Measurement: How You Can Become a Measurement Jedi
- 15 March: Breakfast Seminar with Profesor Kelly Page Weber
"Corporate Activism - Communication Experts Can Help Their Leaders Take a Stand"
- 27 October: BI's Centre for Corporate Communication Summit 2017
Prof. Peggy Simcic Brønn:Centre of Corporate Communication
Ole Christian Apeland, CEO, Apeland:The field of communication: 2007-2017: What has changed?
Catherine Torp, VP Communication, DNV GL: Measuring up? The quest of the “wholly grail” of performance measurement
Kristin Welle-Strand, Communication Director and Kjetil Svorkmo Bergmann, Senior Advisor, Innovation Norway: Conventional communications meets unconventional CEO
Ole Petter Syrrist-Leite, Head of Communication and Public Affairs, BI: The Power of We
Håkon Mageli, Group Director Corporate Communication and Corporate Affairs, Orkla:Sustainability towards 2020
Florence Ranson, Director of Communications, FoodDrinkEurope, co-founder European Association of Communication Directors, chair European Excellence Awards:Back to the Future: What's in My Crystal Ball?
Torund Bryhn, Director of Communications & Government Relations, Gassnova: Moving Beyond Acronyms
- 10-11 November: Norway's first PR and Corporate Communication Measurement Summit.
Prof. Dr. Jim Macnamara: "Latest Developments in Evaluation of Communication Breakthroughs at Last!"
Katie D. Paine: "Making Sense of Measurement: How to navigate your way through standards, dashboards, modeling platforms, and correlations in order to tie communications to business results"
Dr. Len Ponzi: "Strategic Reputation Management: A New Perspective"
Asst. Prof. Dr. Alexander Buhmann: "2016 Measurement and Evaluation Survey: Practice, Drivers, Standards"
Katie D. Paine: Workshop "Hands-On Skills for Tying Your Communications Results to the Bottom Line"
- 20 September: Half-day seminar: "Corporate communication: The Nine commandments of excellence", Professor Ansgar Zerfass.
- 31 May: Breakfast meeting: "The Visual Art of Communicating".
Dr Sebastian Kernbach, lecturer, consultant, and visual coach in the area of Knowledge Visualization and Visual Thinking, University of St. Gallen, Institute of Media and Communication Management. He has been Manager for Marketing and Communication at Xerox, Head of Branding at a Swiss start up a consultant at Interbrand. Dr. Kernbach is the founder of the Visual Collaboration Lab and a member of the Organizing Committee of the International Symposium on Knowledge Visualization and Visual Thinking.
- 8 March: Breakfast meeting: "Hva kan en retorisk analyse fortelle oss om norske kommuners hjemmesider?
Bli med oss å diskutere aktuell norsk kommuneretorikk om folket". Associate Professor, Maria Isaksson, leader BI’s Bachelor of Management in Rhetoric, Communication and Management
- 15 October: Book launch breakfast meeting - 'Meet the Authors of Norway's Most Comprehensive Book on PR'.
- 1 - 3 October: Euprera Conference 'THE MANAGEMENT GAME OF COMMUNICATION': How PR/Corporate Communication Supports Organizations and What Communicators Can Learn from Management Disciplines'.
- 10 March: Breakfast meeting with Christian Fieseler, Associate Professor BI - 'Inspiring Your Workforce Through Collective Storytelling'.
- 10 February: Breakfast meeting with Eliane Bucher, Director, Social Media, Migros - 'Making Social Media Integrated, Relevant and Consistent Again'.
- 24-25 September: Corporate Communication Executive Summit at Kleivstua - 'The Future of Corporate Communcation in Norway'.
- 10 October: Using Conflict to Build a Media Agenda for Health Issues, Lunch meeting with Professor Glen T. Cameron.
- 19-20 September: Corporate Communication Executive Summit at Kleivstua.
- 18 June: Lunch meeting with open and informal discussion on Reputation, Responsibility and Stakeholder Support in Scandinavian Firms: Devolping a Scandinavian CSR index and introducing the Norwegian CSR index. Based on a paper soon to be published in Journal of Business Ethics, Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn presented a comparative study of the perceptions of CSR performance by Scandinavian firms and the development of a Scandinavian CSR Index based on the work of Professor Brønn and Associate Professor Deborah Vidaver-Cohen of Florida International University using Reputation Institute's RepTrak data in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Professor Brønn also introduced the Norwegian CSR Index using 2013 RepTrak data.
Maria Gjølberg: CSR i Norden - Hvor er vi?
Peggy Simic Brønn: Reputation, responsibility and stakeholder support in Scandinavian firms: A comparative analysis
- 15 March: A Strategic Approach to Using New Media for Internal and External Communication.
Workshop with Dr. Keri Stephens, University of Texas.
- 16 November: CSR & Communication
Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn, BI - "Scandinavian CSR Index and a CSR Communication Framework".
Laura Illia, Assistant Professor and Academic Director of Master in Corporate Communication, IE School of Communication, IE University Madrid - "When CSR Clicks".
Associate Professor Mark Brown, BI - "Green Rhetoric"
Marianne Hardeng Aaberg, Corporate Communication Manager, Nestlé - "Nestlé's Global CSR Communication Strategy"
Dennis Larsen, Acuity Insight Ltd. - "Materiality Matrices for CSR Reporting"
Stine Lise Bratsberg Hattestad, Pure CSR
Håkon Ødegaard, Coop, Næringspolitisk sjef, informasjon, samfunnsansvar og
- 13-14 September: Communication Executive Summit at Kleivstua with Professor Cees van Riel - The Alignment Factor (article in Kommunikasjon)
- 21 August: Breakfast with Professor Ansgar Zerfass - Future Development in Strategic Communication
- 7 June: Angela Sinickas - Helping Leaders Excel at Comminication
- 27 March: Dr. Keri Stephens - Communicating with New Media for Internal & External Stakeholders
Breakfast meeting with Gullkorn nominees in the category "Årets virksomhetsprofilering"
Elkjøp Nordic and Burson-Marsteller with "Vi holder det vi lover"
Selvaag Bolig og Apeland with "Bolig nr. 50 000"
Tøcksfors Handelspark og InvolvePR with Grensehandel/åpning av handelspark.
Winner in the category was Elkjøp Nordic and Burson-Marsteller.Breakfast meeting with Professor Ansgar Zerfass - Future Developments in Strategic Communication Angela Sinickas - Breakfast meeting with Gullkorn nominees in the category "Årets virksomhetsprofilering".
- 7 November: Breakfast meeting with Gullkorn nominees in the category «Årests virksomhetsprofilering».
DnB NOR and Gambit, Hill & Knowlton for "Ungdomsbanken."
Statoil and Gambit, Hill & Knowlton for "Teach First Norway."
Hafslund and PR-operatørene for "Barnas Miljørapport" and "Hafslund Miljøfestival for Barn."
- 15-16 September: Centre for Corporate Communication research summit at Kleivstua.
- 2 February: Centre breakfast meeting
Samfunnsansvar og ISO 26000 - et nytt verktøy for kommunikatører og kommunikasjon
Powerpoint presentations from the seminar can be found here:
Standard Norge iso26000
Users guide to iso26000
- 3 November: Centre breakfast meeting with this years Gullkorn finalists in Corporate Communication
- 29-30 September: Communication Leader summit
For Norwegian communication directors by invitation only. full day and evening of learning and networking starting with lunch on the 29th. The topics this year are integrated communication and innovation through social networking presented by DnBNOR and Orkla. The cases will provide the basis for discussion by researchers and participants.
- 15 September: Centre breakfast meeting "Kan tillit måles? Hvordan skaper tillit?"
- 9 September: 'Bokbad' members meeting in Oslo, Akershus
Theme: "Virksomhetens stemme" written by Øystein Bonvik in cooperation with the Centre's director, Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn.
- 10 June: Breakfast meeting, BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo.
Theme: How to get the most out of your IABC membership.
Host: Associate Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn.
Speaker: IABC Senior Vice President for Global Membership Development, Lee Anne Snedeker.
- 25-26 May: Seminar on Organizational and Corporate Communication Research in Norway. BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo.
Program leader: Associate Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn.
Program Rsearch Summit 2010.pdf
- 21 October: Seminar, 25 Years of PR Education in Norway
Professor James E. Grunig
Professor Øyvind Ihlen
Professor Joep Cornelissen
- 23-25 September: Ashridge Conference, Ashridge Business School, UK
Theme: Communication Metrics.
Leader: Dr. Jon White
- 24 June: Breakfast Meeting: An open forum on the role of financial institution communicators in the current financial crisis
- 19 May 2009: Research conference on organizational and corporate communication. A discussion on the future of communication research and education in Norway.
Program leaders: Associate Professor Peggy Simcic Brønn, BI and Arild Wæraas, University of Tromsø
Click here for a copy of the program.
- 5 February 2009: Breakfast Meeting: Results of Corporate
Communication Benchmark Study of DN200 Firms.
Click here for a copy of the report.
- 9 December: Lunch meeting: Professor Mary Jo Hatch
Topic: Aligning Organizational Culture and Organizational Identity
- 5 November: Breakfast meeting: Professor Cees van Riel, Rotterdam University
Topic: Stimulating Strategically Aligned Behavior among Employees
- 17-19 September: Ashridge Conference, Ashridge Business School, UK
Leader: Dr. Jon White