Reshaping business with artificial intelligence
With Guest Speaker Chris Nicholson, CEO of Skymind
The Nordic Centre for Internet and Society and Department of Communication and Culture at BI Norwegian Business School presents Lecture Series on the Future of Work: Reshaping business with Artificial Intelligence
Chris Nicholson, CEO of Skymind, San Francisco
Expectations for artificial intelligence (AI) and exponential technologies are sky-high and the gap between ambition and execution at most companies is large. Almost 4 in 5 executives believe AI will allow their companies to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage, while only 1 in 20 has extensively incorporated AI within offerings or processes.
- Which companies should incorporate AI and exponential technologies?
- Where to start when attempting to incorporate AI?
- What concrete tasks can these technologies best solve?
- How soon can we expect them to provide value for companies and customers?
To talk about this, BI has invited Chris Nicholson, CEO of Skymind in San Francisco, who will share his best advice with us.
Skymind is the commercial support arm of open-source framework Deeplearning4j. Skymind helps companies in telecommunications, finance, retail, and tech to build deep learning enterprise applications, using data such as text, time series, sound, and images.
Chris has also written on deep learning, AI, and working in tech in 'Machine learning can fix Twitter, Facebook, and maybe even America'.
The event is free and open to the public. To attend you are kindly asked to register by using the register button below.
- Time:Thursday, 28 September 2017 16:00 - 18:00
- Place:BI Oslo, Auditorium B2-040. NB change of room!
- Price:Free and open to the public
- Contact:Britt-Mari Sletto (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Welcome by Nordic Centre Co-Directors
Introduction of Chris Nicholson
Talk by Guest Speaker Chris Nicholson