1. The first meeting
Learning goal: The participant should know how to use the available AV equipment in lecture rooms at BI that is relevant for teaching. You should also know the support and services that are available for you as a lecturer at BI.
- Tour in small and large auditoriums, open areas and Harvard rooms
- Microphones, computer, document camera, Crestron panel
- How to get help
- Tour in A4, including support and video studio
2. Itslearning, exam system and course description
Learning goal: The participant should know how to use the functionality available in itslearning, which is relevant for teaching. You should also know about the exam system and the system for course description.
- How to log on to the systems
- How to add course requirements in itslearning
- How to use Planner in itslearning
- How to create a poll and quiz in itslearning
- How to create exams and grade in the exam system
- What are my responsibilities and deadlines for course description
- Know about Faculty handbook.
3. Observation of your teaching with feedback
Learning goal: The participant will have an introduction to and know about different techniques for classroom management.
- Introducing a lecture
- Body language and gesturing
- Clear communication
- Go through the agenda
- Eye contact with the students
- Pauses and questions
- Closing a lecture
4. How to activate students in large classes and teaching techniques
Learning goal: The participant will get to know different techniques to activate students. The participant will know different teaching tools and how to use them in the classroom.
- Asking questions, cold call, buzz groups and discussions
- Dividing the class
- Simple tasks
- Roll play
- Kahoot, Padlet, Mentimeter
- Peer assessment
- Student presentations
- Use of examples and storytelling
- One minute paper and muddiest point
- How to use previously given exams.
Read more about this on intra.bi.no