Applicants with International Education
Applications received by March 1 will be given priority. BI Norwegian Business School will continue to accept applications until August 1. Applicants from outside the EU must apply by July 1 to allow time for securing a student residence visa.
Offers of admission will be made based on availability of seats in the programmes.
All applicants for the Master of Science programmes must apply through our online application portal.
Do you have a bachelor’s degree from an educational institution outside Norway or the Nordic Countries?
BI Norwegian Business School is committed to building an international community and a diverse student body. We encourage applicants who have earned bachelor’s degrees in business administration, management, economics, marketing, and finance to apply to our MSc programmes.
Minimum academic requirements: A completed undergraduate bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning (minimum three years) in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Marketing, Finance and/or subjects relevant to the chosen area of specialisation.
- Apply Online: Complete the online application form.
- Upload official university/college transcripts and diplomas: Submit copies of transcripts and degrees (diplomas) which are certified as true copies and include an official explanation of the grade scale used. Academic records must be accompanied by a certified English translation if the originals are not in English or a Scandinavian language. If you have not completed your undergraduate education when applying, please submit a copy of your most recent transcript. Also include a list of courses you are taking in your final semester.
- Provide a GMAT/GRE/CAT test score: The GMAT is a standardised test used by business schools around the world to test your readiness for master-level studies. The GMAT tests your quantitative and verbal abilities, and your integrated reasoning skills. It also assesses your ability to think critically and communicate your ideas. Ask that your test results be forwarded directly to BI Norwegian Business School from the test centre or upload a copy of the score report to your online application. Applicants from BI Norwegian Business School's partner institutions may request a waiver for this requirement. Click here for more information.
- Provide a TOEFL/IELTS test score: Ask that your test results be forwarded directly to BI Norwegian Business School from the test centre or upload a copy of the score report to your online application. International applicants whose mother tongue is English are exempt from this requirement. Applicants who have studied in English for many years may request a waiver for this requirement. Click here for more information.
- Write a motivation letter: Explain your dreams and ambitions, and how they relate to your choice of MSc programme at BI Norwegian Business School. Why do you want to take this master’s programme, what have you done in your life that will prepare you for this master’s degree, and how will the MSc programme help you achieve your career and personal goals. The letter, written in English, should not exceed one page.
- Include a Curriculum Vitae (CV): Draft a one-page CV including relevant education, work and volunteer experience, and any academic, sport, or leadership achievements.
International Students must also include the following in their application:
- A financial declaration. Your financial plan is a general overview of how you intend to finance your degree and living expenses. Please click on the link to download the financial declaration template.
- Passport: Submit a copy of the identification page in your passport
In the event that additional documentation is needed, our Admission Team will contact you directly. Click here to download Admission Application Checklist.
Learn how we evaluate your transcript here.