Master of Science in Strategic Marketing Management
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration or marketing
b) A successfully completed Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS credits) in one of the following, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within strategic marketing management:
- Social Sciences (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Economics)
- Management (e.g. Strategy, Leadership)
- Communication or Public Relations
1.2 The Bachelor's degree must include the following courses, or equivalent:
- Foundations in Marketing
- Foundations in Economics (e.g. Macro or Micro)
- Statistics or Econometrics*
*Based on an overall assessment, an applicant may receive a conditional offer of admission if this course is lacking in the Bachelor’s degree. The applicant will be required to take a course in Statistics before the start of the academic year to fulfil this condition. BI Norwegian Business School offers a preparatory course in Statistics in July/August each year.
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC GRADE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants to the MSc in Strategic Marketing Management programme require:
- A minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the MSc in Strategic Marketing Management programme, including Marketing, Statistics, and Economics.
3.0 OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that applicants have a combination of Business and Economics related (e.g. Management, Strategy, Political Science) subjects as a foundation for this master's programme.
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.
In addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degree programmes, each individual MSc programme has specific curricular requirements you must also fulfil to gain admission.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
BI Norwegian Business School prides itself on its rigorous academic curriculum and engaging educational experience with career-minded application of theory.
To succeed in the MSc in Strategic Marketing Management programme, applicants need a strong foundation in the rigorous study of both theory and methods and an affinity for/interest in topics centred around marketing—including the behaviour of consumers and firms/organisations, and how actions of the marketplace participants translate into successful outcomes.
Our master’s degree programmes are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Global mindset: willingness to experience new cultures, languages, and life outside their comfort zone as demonstrated through exchange semesters, study abroad, global volunteer experiences, etc.
- Leadership potential: active participation and contribution to extra-curricular activities and volunteer work at school and in the community
- Academic ability: learns, applies knowledge, and improves academic standing over the course of a programme of academic study