Begin your career with a PhD in Leadership and Organisation
An academic journey is often determined by its starting point. At BI Norwegian Business School, we offer our PhD students a challenging, but rewarding research programme. As a candidate, you develop your own research while working closely with our renowned faculty. On the strength of this programme, our graduates receive placements at top universities worldwide.
We offer a full, four-year scholarship to our PhD candidates in Leadership and Organisation to ensure our students' well-being and academic freedom. But above all, we aim to inspire your passion as a researcher, to provide an unparalleled academic setting, and to help you contribute new insight into your field of research. We aim to create the best possible environment from which to launch your academic journey.
The PhD specialisation in Leadership and Organisation in our department provides an excellent training ground for future researchers interested in the fields of OB, Leadership and HRM. Our faculty members represent strong research environments from both qualitative and quantitative traditions and hold a track record for publishing high quality research in top journals such as Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, Human Resource Management, Organizational Science, Leadership Quarterly, and Journal of Management Studies.
Department of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
The department has its core competence within management of change, organization management and project management.
- The department consists of 66 faculty members, including 13 professors and 16 doctoral candidates
- The department has a good publication record and is the most productive research department at BI measured by the production of publication points per faculty member.
- The department provides an excellent learning environment with many potential routes PhD candidates can follow.
Professors in our department act as editors and editorial board members for journals such as:
- Journal of Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management Journal
- European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology
- Leadership Quarterly
- Management Learning
The department has a strong collaborative culture and potential PhD candidates are expected to actively contribute in a challenging, but developmental learning environment.
How to apply
I preach passion