The application process starts at your home university. Exchange and Double Degree students are nominated by their home university to spend a semester or two at BI in Oslo.
|Autumn semester (Aug-Dec)||Spring semester (Jan-June)|
Nomination deadline: 25 April
|Nomination deadline: 25 September
Student application deadline: 1 October
Housing application deadline: 1 October
Exchange and Double Degree students are nominated from their home university, and must comply with their university's admission criteria. A high level of English proficiency is expected, but we do not require English tests.
To apply for exchange on a Master level, the student must have completed minimum 180 ECTS, equivalent to three years fulltime university studies or a Bachelor degree in a relevant academic field (business and economics).
How to apply
- Coordinators at our partner institutions nominate their students (by 25 April/25 September)
- Students receive a link by email to our online application form, and submit the application form and supporting documents to BI (by 1 May/1 October) - see below
- Students receive further information about admission and housing by email
- Students submit the Pre-Application for Housing (by 1 May/1 October)
- BI sends out Admission Letters (late May/late October)
When you complete the online application, please upload the following documents electronically:
- CV (résumé) and motivation letter
- Copy of your passport/EU Identity Card, showing personal data and photo
- Recent academic transcript (Master students: please include your transcript from Bachelor-level courses)