Use of the library
Practical information about borrowing and ordering books, access to electronic articles and books, booking grouprooms and AV-rooms, access from home, wifi and IT support in the library.
Borrow for free with employee card or student card
All BI students and employees can freely borrow books and other information. Your identity card serves as your libary card. When you want to order books or articles, you log in to Oria with your BI username and password.
For how long can you borrow a book?
- The lending period is 2 weeks initially. If there is no waiting list, loans are renewed automatically. If you have to return the books, you will receive an email .
- Loans from other libraries have varying lending periods.
- Journals and newspapers are not for loan.
- Dayloan: The library has collections of syllabus literature on day loan. These books must be returned the same day as they are borrowed.
Order books and articles in Oria
Request and order books in Oria.no. The button " Get it" gives you the opportunity to request or order books and articles. We will notify you by e-mail or sms when the book or article can be picked up.
You can also request books by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Log in to make requests
Log in using your s-number and password for @BI.
Problems logging in?
Try this format the username the first time you log in:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
What if I return the books late?
We do not want our customers to wait for books longer than necessary. Therefore, if you return the books late you will have to pay a fine.
- 2 weeks loan: NOK 5 per day per book
- One day loan: NOK 10 per day per book
- Maximum fee per book is NOK 150.
When the sum of the fee is 150 NOK you will shortly after be charged a replacement fee.
- The replacement fee is NOK 600 per book.
- This is in addition to the fee already accrued.
- If you return the book or a new copy of it, the replacement fee is deleted. You will still have to pay the initital fees.
Rules for borrowing
Borrowers are personally responsible for borrowed material.
Not a BI student or BI employee?
You are welcome to visit the BI libraries. Browse our shelves and read the newspapers or research journals. You may also make your own copies by borrowing a copy card. If you want to borrow books or access electronic resources you will have to buy a one-day card.
A one-day subscription entitles you to:
- Borrow books for 14 days
- Renew books up to three times.
- Access most of our electronic resources. We will log you on to a computer in the library. Some databases, such as Bloomberg and Eikon, are available for BI students only.
- Short guidance