How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply for the housing option of your choice.
Housing application fee Autumn 2018
International students at BI will not receive student accommodation in Oslo if they do not submit the Pre-Application for Housing.
Who should submit this form?
- The Pre-Application for Housing is for international students starting at BI in the Autumn semester (August) of 2018.
- If you are coming to BI in the Spring semester of 2019, please do not apply for housing yet. The Pre-Application for Housing for the Spring semester 2019 will open in September 2018.
- The Pre-Application Form includes a non-refundable application fee of NOK 1000. However, if you are subject to a rejection letter from BI or a rejected visa application the fee will be returned to you. The application fee applies to all applicants.
- PhD candidates are not classified as students at BI, so we do not provide housing for PhD candidates.
NB: The Pre-Application for Housing is only for the following student categories:
- 1st year BBA and MSc students moving to Norway for the first time
- Double Degree and Pathway students
- Exchange students (Autumn semester 2018 or full academic year of 2018-19)
Please note before submitting the form:
- BI’s housing guarantee only covers single furnished rooms, with shared kitchen and bathroom.
- Use a PC/laptop/Mac/computer to submit the form. Smart phone and tablet users may experience errors with the payment process.
- Please keep your VISA/Credit Card ready when starting the application. An online payment of the fee (NOK 1000) is required to complete the registration.
- If several students are applying using the same computer, make sure you log out between each registration.
- If you register on behalf of someone else, it is important that you use the student's name, e-mail address and other personal information (not your own), as we need this information to process the application.
How to apply:
- To start the application press the Apply now button below. Choose User registration to register a new user. Then follow the steps to submit the form.
- When you have successfully submitted the form and paid the fee, you receive a confirmation by e-mail (please check your spam-filter if you cannot find it in your Inbox)
- In the middle of May you receive an e-mail with further information from the BI Housing Office.
If you experience any problems with the registration, please contact the BI Housing Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you experience any problems with the payment, please contact your credit card company.
You can read more about the different housing alternatives below. NB! You have to apply through the Pre-Application Form to receive a housing offer.
|Location||5-40 minutes by public transport from campus||5-10 minute walk from campus||20 minutes by public transport from campus|
|Rent||Decent room 3000-5000 NOK* per month||4850-5100 NOK* per month||4550 NOK* per month|
|Deposit||3000-8000 NOK*||One month's rent||5000 NOK*|
|Electricity||Fixed or as consumed||As consumed. Fixed amount for hot water (120 NOK* a month)||Included in rent|
|Furniture||Bed, closets, desk and chair||Bed, closets, bookshelf, desk & chair||Bed, desk, bookshelf, closet, and a sink|
|Bed linen, pillows & blankets||No||No||No|
|Rooms||Private bedrooms. Shared bathroom & kitchen.||Apartment with 2 private bedrooms. Two people share kitchen & bathroom.||Private bedroom with shared kitchen & bathroom|
* Subject to change