Student accommodation is scarce in Oslo. BI cooperates with two student housing providers: SiO (housing for Oslo students) and BSN (for BI students only).
Housing assistance is provided for the following groups of students:
- 1st year international Bachelor- and Master students coming to Norway for the first time
- Exchange students
- Double degree students
If you do not belong to one of the above mentioned categories, you must organise accommodation on your own.
Conditions for student housing through bi
Students who belong to one of the above mentioned categories, must follow BIs application process for housing. Do not apply directly to SiO or BSN before you are instructed to do so, as this will delay the application process.
- You must submit the pre-application for housing within the 1 May/1 October deadline.
- You must apply within the given deadline. We cannot guarantee housing to students who apply after the deadline.
- You will be assigned accomodation with either SiO or BSN.
- The housing guarantee applies to single rooms only. If you have inquiries regarding familiy or couple housing units, you must contact the housing provider directly.
Application deadline for the autumn semester: 1 May
Application deadline for the spring semester: 1 October
The deadlines are final.
1. Pre-application to BI (opens on 1 March 2015):
The first step in the housing application is to submit the pre-application. There is no application fee. The form must be submitted within the deadlines above. After submitting the pre-application, please wait for further instructions from BI.
2. Application to the housing provider
In May (for autumn term housing applicants) or in October (for spring term housing applicants) you will receive an email from the BI Housing Office () confirming where you have been assigned housing; SiO or BSN, as well as further information about the application process. Please do not contact the housing provider directly before you have received the e-mail from the BI Housing Office.
BI Housing Office
Questions regarding student housing through BI can be directed to the BI Housing Office ().