Student accommodation is scarce in Oslo. BI cooperates with two student housing providers: SiO (housing for Oslo students) and BSN (for BI students only).
Housing assistance is provided for the following groups of students:
- 1st year international Bachelor- and Master students coming to Norway for the first time
- Exchange students
- Double degree students
If you do not belong to one of the above mentioned categories, you must organise accommodation on your own.
Conditions for student housing through bi
Students who belong to one of the above mentioned categories, must follow BIs application process for housing. Do not apply directly to SiO or BSN before you are instructed to do so, as this will delay the application process.
- You must apply within the given deadline. We cannot guarantee housing to students who apply after the deadline.
- No family or couple units are available through BI - only single units. After you have signed a housing contract, you may apply for a different room within SiO or BSN. Contact the housing provider directly to organise this.
- You will be assigned accomodation with either SiO or BSN.
- Students assigned to SiO will have to pay an additional adminitrative fee of 1500 NOK.
Application deadline for the autumn semester: The 1st of May
Application deadline for the spring semester: The 1st of October
Important: Please make sure you apply within the given deadline. BI can not guarantee housing for students who apply after the deadlines.
1. Pre-application to BI:
Submit the pre-application form within the given deadlines (May 1/October 1). Once you submit the application, you will see an on-screen confirmation that the registration is complete. After this, please wait for further instructions from BI. Please du not continue the application process before you are instructed to do so by BI.
2. Application to the housing provider
In May (for autumn term housing applicants) or in October (for spring term housing applicants) you will receive an email from BI () confirming where you have been assigned housing; SiO or BSN.
The next step in your application process depends on where you have been assigned housing:
a) Housing through SiO.
If you have been assigned housing through SiO, please fill in their online application at sio.no/housing within the deadline: June 15 for the autumn semester and November 15 for the spring semester. Please note that if you do not apply online within the deadline you will not receive housing.
Questions regarding SiO applications and contracts should be directed to . Please note that their office is quite busy, and it might take a week before they reply.
b) Housing through BSN.
If you have been assigned housing through BSN, BSN will send you a contract by email. Please read the instructions you receive from BSN carefully. At this stage, if you have any questions regarding housing through BSN, please see www.bsn.no or contact BSN at .