BI Advisory Boards and Councils
BI has established several advisory boards and councils, all of which have an advisory function in various areas that are important to BI.
The goal of these functions is to ensure that BI receives good input and advice from important external target groups and stakeholders. Our advisory boards have a function that focuses more on strategy and integrity, while our advisory councils focus on input on programmess and subject areas. All our advisory bodies have external experts with relevant experience from business, public administration, academia and former students.
Overview of BIs Advisiory Boards and Councils
The International Advisory Board is an advising body for the President, The Board of Trustees and the top management of BI. The main purpose of IAB is to strengthen BI internationally by having an independent body looking at BI from an external point of view. Furthermore, this independent body is playing an important role in the institution’s internationalisation strategy.
BI Norwegian Business School’s key factor for success is the ability to engage in interaction on the international research arena, with students and alumni and with businesses and society. The IAB is an arena to discuss how BI can develop internationally and globally.
Members of the IAB are from academia, from international businesses and from BI alumni.
Currently- the members of the IAB are:
- Elisabeth Heggelund Tørstad, CEO Asplan VIAK, Norway
- Hege Skryseth, EVP Kongsberg Group and President Kongsberg Digital, Norway
- Kristin H. Holth, Non-Executive Director, Oslo, Norway
- Kjersti Wiklund, Non-Executive Director London, United Kingdom
- Lu Xiongwen, Professor, Dean, School of Management, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Andrew Pettigrew, OBE and Emeritus Professor of Strategy and Organisation, Said Business School at the University of Oxford, UK
- Ajay Kohli, Professor, Georgia Tech, Scheller College of Business, USA
- Michael D Johnson, Visiting Scholar, University of Michigan, Dean and Professor Emeritus, Carroll University Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Christoph Badelt, Director, Austrian Institute for Economic Research (WIFO), former President, WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Austria
- Svein Tore Holsether, President & CEO of Yara International, Oslo, Norway
- Laxmi Akkaraju, Senior Vice President Strategic Customer Services at Cognite
- Ikhlaq Sidhu, Dean of IE School of Technology, Spain
- Michael Osbaldeston, OBE and Emeritus Professor of Cranfield University, UK
- Knut Haanæs, Dean of the Global Leadership Institute at the World Economic Forum and Visiting Professor of Strategy at IMD, Switzerland
- Per Erik Johannessen, BI Outreach is Secretary for IAB
BI's AAB will contribute to developing and strengthening the relationship between alumni, students and the business community. AAB will be a catalyst for communication and involvement, and help to engage alumni who can give back to BI with their time, experience and expertise. Furthermore, the council shall provide input to ensure relevance when developing new programmes.
BI's AAB consists of the following members:
- Anna Knudsen, CEO/ founder AW Magazine/Sommerfuglen Media
- Arbab Umar Dar, Associate Partner, EY
- Bjørn Granviken, CEO, Mesta
- Carl-Erik Moberg, Gründer, TicketCo
- Ellen-Marie Bjerknes Nygård, CEO, Gnist Consulting
- Fredrik Andre Aasebø, CEO Røde Kors Førstehjelp AS
- Hege Hodnesdal, Executive Director, Finans Norge
- Ivar Kroghrud, Software Entrepreneur, MagicGarden AS
- Javad Mushtaq, Director, Katapult, Nordic Impact Ivestment
- Karen Marie Gunnerud, IT-prosjektleder, Utviklings- og kompetanseetaten, Oslo Kommune
- Kristin Ruud, Senior VP and Director of HR &Business Support Kongsberg Digital (Head of AAB)
- Kristine Steidel, CEO Microsoft
- Maalfrid Brath, Regional Managing Director Nordics & Baltic, ManpowerGroup
- Ingjerd Blekeli Spiten, Group Executive VP Retail Banking i DNB
- Rolv Erik Ryssdal, CEO, Adevinta
- Solveig Hellebust, SVP Chief HR Officer i Yara
- Thomas Skovli, Director Business Development & Special Sales, Solar Group
- Tonje Sandberg, CEO, Accenture Norge
- Tor Arnesen, Styreleder, Norske Shell AS / ONS Foundation
- Torgeir Sølsnes, Markedssjef, Næringsforeningen i Trondheimsregionen
- Trond-Morten Lindberg, CEO EMEA, BDO International Ltd.
- Victor Rolfsnes, Consumer Insight Manager, Orcla Foods Norge
To ensure that BI's programmes are relevant, advice is created for all programmes at Bachelor level and a selection of advice at Master's level. BI's programme council is composed of representatives from relevant industries and companies to take care of the needs of the various programmes and subject areas. The programme councils also include representatives of BI's partner companies.
The purpose is to provide relevant input and feedback for each study programme and ensure relevance to meet the needs of working life when evaluating and developing new programmes. The members contribute with insight from their respective sectors and cases used in the teaching.
The Advisory Council for the Finance Industry must contribute to BI's programmes being relevant to the financial industry. The council provides insight and feedback for each study programme and ensures that the financial industry's needs are met when evaluating and developing new programmes.
The council consists of the following external members:
- Anne Randi Berglund, Training consultant, Nordea Bank
- Ida Berild Guldberg, SVP Accident & Health Nordic, Product & Price, Gjensidige Forsikring
- Runar Wilhelm Henriksen, Direktør, Finansforbundet
- Caroline Horn, Direktør HRU, SpareBank 1 Forsikring
- Anne-Sigrun Moen, Executive Vice President People, DNB
- Runa Opdal Kerr, Direktør Executive (leder), Finans Norge
- Svein-Arne Kausland, Human Resource Director, Tryg
- Siv Seglem, Adm. Direktør, Finansnæringens Autorisasjonsordninger