Why choose Shipping Management?
Ships transport more than 90% of the world’s trade. Shipping is one of the most important sectors in the global economy, and Norway is one of the world’s largest and most advanced maritime nations in the world. Norway is an advocate for high international standards in the global shipping industry, and BI complements this with a leading Shipping Management programme that prepares you for the challenges faced by the transport sector today.
What will you learn?
The Shipping Management specialisation is designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and competitive world of shipping. Just as the companies that will lead the way on quality will be commercial winners, the students who complete our maritime-related bachelor will provide tremendous value to today's modern shipping companies.
You will gain solid foundations of ship management, while equipping yourself with management tools for efficient decision-making, and the methods, concepts, and theories to enable you to understand and analyse in a holistic and multidisciplinary way, the complexities of the global Shipping industry.
You will also:
- Learn how to evaluate shipping investment proposals.
- Analyse financial statements from small firms, large shipping groups, and private single-purpose enterprises.
- Gain understanding of basic maritime legislation and contractual framework of international shipping.
- Develop the analytical skills related to commercial and financial opportunities in business.
- Build strategic skills to manoeuvre organisational opportunities/challenges in an international business.