Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Do you want the possibility to work within finance, shipping or marketing? With this flexible and broad degree in English you can choose from many different career paths.
What will you learn?
In this three-year programme, you learn about management principles and practices, market influences, operations, finance, communication, and more. Because of this broad knowledge, you can analyse complex business problems from different perspectives, and easily cross different boundaries that may exist within and between organisations.
Some of the topics you will learn about:
- Operations. Learn how businesses optimise their practices.
- Finance. Understand how businesses are financed, and how to judge the profitability of investments.
- Accounting. This skill set gives you the ability to systematically understand the financial activity of a business.
- Marketing. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of marketing, learning how companies attract and keep their customers
Popular courses covered in this programme:
During the third year of the programme, you will have courses from a specialisation of your choosing. These courses are important within business administration. A specialization will give you a broader competence that will be needed in the job-market. The specialization will also be registered on your diploma when you graduate.
The courses you can specialize in:
With a Bachelor in business administration you have a broad, flexible and attractive degree that opens up to many different career opportunities. You can work within consultancy, marketing, shipping or finance.
Your degree could lead to an international career in:
- Consultancy. Use your expertise to help businesses optimize their activities.
- Marketing and sales. Find the best ways to sell your company’s products or services.
- Shipping. By its very nature a global business, shipping companies are always looking for candidates with an international perspective.
- Finance. Steer investments and ensure profitability.
- Management. The skills you gain from this degree are an excellent fit for someone with leadership ambitions.
CUSTOMISE YOUR DEGREE
As a student at BI, you have several exciting opportunities that can contribute to a varied and interesting student life, at the same time as you build relevant competence.
Get relevant work and networking experience as part of the study. BI offers internships as an elective course. You choose your own company and get the opportunity to test subjects and industry based on interests, competence and personal qualities.
You do not have to postpone your studies to satisfy your dream to travel - take parts of your education abroad! If you want to work abroad or in an international company after your studies, this might be particularly relevant to you.
We offer a number of elective courses, so that you can adapt your studies to your own wishes and interests. In this way, you can build up competence and get a professional combination that makes you attractive and unique.
What can you study afterwards?
After completing this programme, you have a range of options to continue your education. At BI, there are a number of options available. In fact, you qualify for every master programme at BI, with the exception of Quantitative Finance and Law and Business. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 60 credits (ECTS)
- 60 credits (ECTS)
- 60 credits (ECTS)
During the third year of the programme, you will take courses from a specialisation of your choosing. Select the specialisation to see which courses they contain.
If you don't fulfil the above requirements, the Pathway Programme is designed to qualify students for admission to a BI bachelor's degree by strengthening students' academic and English skills:
If you are a Norwegian citizen, you are qualified for loans and scholarships from Lånekassen.