Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
This programme is designed to provide you with broad knowledge in a variety of business topics, and to prepare you for today’s global business environment. You will also have the opportunity to customize your degree with a specialisation.
What will you learn?
In this three-year programme, you learn about management principles and practices, market influences, operations, finance and communication, and more. Because of this broad knowledge, you can analyse complex business problems from different perspectives, and easily cross different boundaries that may exist within and between organizations.
Among other topics, you will learn about:
- Operations. Learn how businesses optimise their practices.
- Finance.Understand how businesses are financed, and how to judge the profitability of investments.
- Accounting. This skillset gives you the ability to systematically understand the financial activity of a business.
- Marketing. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of marketing, learning how companies attract and keep their customers.
In addition, to provide a better fit between the generic part of the program and your interests, you can choose one out of three specialisations during the third year.
The academic year at BI is divided into two semester, one in the fall and one in spring. There are exams at the end of each semester. This programme structure will give you an overview of which courses you will be taking in this programme and when you will be taking them.
- The Firm
- Mathematics (part I)
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Communication in English (Written)
- Mathematics (part II)
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Research Methods and Econometrics
- Basic Financial Management
- International Commercial Law
- Strategic Management Accounting
During the third year of the programme, you will be taking courses from a specialisation of your choosing. Select the specialisation to see which courses they contain.
Questions about this programme?Call me
What kind of jobs can you get with a Bachelor of Business Administration?
Because of the broad and generic first two years of the program, you are not limited to a singular area of expertise, not even after your one-year specialisation. Of course, a specialisation in for example finance helps when you want a career in finance.
Your degree could lead to an international career in:
- Consultancy. Use your expertise to help businesses optimize their activities.
- Marketing and sales. Find the best ways to sell your company’s products or services.
- Shipping. By its very nature a global business, shipping companies are always looking for candidates with an international perspective.
- Public relations. Manage a company’s public image.
- Finance. Steer investments and ensure profitability.
- Management. The skills you gain from this degree are an excellent fit for someone with leadership ambitions.
The list is almost endless. You can even start your own company.
What can you study afterwards?
The most obvious choice for continuing your learning journey is to pursue a master programme. Again, the world is at your feet and you can study anywhere. At BI there are a number of options available:
- Master of Science in Business
- Master of Science in Strategic Marketing Management
- Master of Science in Leadership and Organisational Psychology
- Master of Science in Finance
You can also qualify for other master programmes at BI by taking prerequisite courses. Contact email@example.com for more information.
View available scholarships for Bachelor applicants
Student life is a lot more than lectures and auditoriums.