Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
A three-year programme offered entirely in English. Choose a specialisation in either Shipping Management, Finance or International Business.
What will you learn?
In this three-year programme, you learn about management principles and practices, market influences, operations, finance and communication, and more. Because of this broad knowledge, you can analyse complex business problems from different perspectives, and easily cross different boundaries that may exist within and between organisations. Among other topics, you will learn about:
- Operations. Learn how businesses optimise their practices.
- Finance. Understand how businesses are financed, and how to judge the profitability of investments.
- Accounting. This skill set gives you the ability to systematically understand the financial activity of a business.
- Marketing. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of marketing, learning how companies attract and keep their customers
During the third year of the programme, you will take courses from a specialisation of your choosing. Select a specialisation below to learn more and see which courses are included.
What kind of jobs can you get?
Because of the broad and generic first two years of the program, you are not limited to a singular area of expertise, not even after your one-year specialisation. Of course, a specialisation in for example finance helps when you want a career in finance.
Your degree could lead to an international career in:
- Consultancy. Use your expertise to help businesses optimize their activities.
- Marketing and sales. Find the best ways to sell your company’s products or services.
- Shipping. By its very nature a global business, shipping companies are always looking for candidates with an international perspective.
- Finance. Steer investments and ensure profitability.
- Management. The skills you gain from this degree are an excellent fit for someone with leadership ambitions.
The list is almost endless. You can even start your own company.
During the third year of the programme, you will take courses from a specialisation of your choosing. Select the specialisation to see which courses they contain.
What can you study afterwards?
After completing this programme, you have a range of options to continue your education. At BI, there are a number of options available. In fact, you qualify for every master programme at BI, with the exception of Quantitative Finance and Law and Business. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In 2017, there were students from
different nationalities in the BBA programme.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like further information about our programmes and individual courses.
- Tel: +47 464 10 000
- E-mail: email@example.com
For international applicants
If you don't fulfil the above requirements, the Pathway Programme is designed to qualify students for admission to a BI bachelor's degree by strengthening students' academic and English skills:
If you are a Norwegian citizen, you are qualified for loans and scholarships from Lånekassen.