Prior experience at a workplace is invaluable when you're applying for jobs. At BI, you have the possibility to combine real-world experience with earning credits.
What is a BI internship?
BI Internship is a credit-bearing course. With an internship, you will work at a company with tasks relevant to your programme during your studies. As an intern, you will gain work experience in a field that you're interested in, and be able to start building your network.
How do internships work?
Internships are available for most students at BI who are taking a bachelor or master full-time.
The internship is part of your curriculum, meaning you will spend part of your semester interning at a company. For bachelor students, this means going to work a few days a week, while master students work full-time in a given period.
Tasks during your internship
The tasks vary according to the company's needs, and your skills. Examples include market analysis, strategy development, customer relations, reports, analysis, recruitment, and budgeting.
You contact a company of your own choosing, and aply by sending a cover letter and a resume directly to the company.
- Bachelor: you need to have good study progression (up to two pending subjects) and a GPA of minimum C.
- Master: you need to have full study progression (no pending subjects), but no specific GPA.
You will find everything you need to know about the application process on the student portal:
BI Internship on Exchange
Some Bachelor and Master programmes offer the chance to combine a credit-giving BI Internship with exchange at one of BI’s numerous partner schools.
While you are on exchange, you will:
- Gain international work experience
- Earn credits while working
- Develop both academically and personally
The requirements for applying to a BI Internship on exchange are:
- Bachelor: you need to have a GPA equaling C or better
- Master: you do not need to have a specific GPA
Why choose BI internship?
The BI Internship courses at BI has been well received by both students and businesses, and is a great addition to your education. There are several reasons for choosing BI Internship:
- Get credits – BI Internship is a part of your schedule at BI
- Use what you have learned at BI in a real-life context
- Build your network – this is a great asset when applying for jobs
- Get experience with applying – learn how to write a good CV and motivation letter
- Get out of your comfort zone – learn how to contact companies!
- Get relevant work experience – build your CV!
"During my internship at Blest Advertising I got a great feel for what it's like to apply my education to a real job."
Student at Campus Stavanger
FIND YOUR PROGRAMME
Explore your options at BI here. Start by typing in your field of interest (e.g. finance, marketing, etc). You can also find any programmes that offer internships by searching for internship.