BI Norwegian Business School in collaboration with Jönköping University have created a joint Pathway Programme, designed for international students as a bridge towards a Bachelor of Business Administration degree at BI.
Jump start your education in Scandinavia!
The BI Norwegian Business School and Jönköping University Pathway Programme is designed to improve international students' English skills and to prepare them for academic studies at BI. The programme also introduces students to Scandinavian society and culture while supporting a solid academic foundation in higher education. The Pathway Programme is delivered at Jönköping University’s Campus Gränna in Sweden.
Is the Pathway Programme right for me?
Many aspiring international candidates for BI’s BBA programme receive the disappointing message that they cannot be admitted to the programme of their choice. In the vast majority of cases the reason for rejection is:
- The candidate in question holds a high school diploma from a country that does not qualify directly for admission to a Bachelor degree programme in Norway. These include countries like China, India, Russia, Brazil, and the US. (To check if your secondary education is recognised for direct admission to a Bachelor degree programme in Norway, please visit the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance) AND/OR
- The candidate in question does not meet the English language requirement of BI (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
In order to enable aspiring candidates to pursue the study of their choice at BI, we have developed the BI-Jönköping Pathway Programme. It is designed to qualify students for admission to a BI Bachelor degree by strengthening the students' academic and English skills. The BI-Jönköping Pathway programme is right for you if:
- You have a high school diploma from a country that doesn’t qualify directly for admission to a Bachelor degree programme in Norway AND/OR
- Your IELTS or equivalent language test score is below the level that BI requires (i.e. 6.0 IELTS)
The minimum entry requirement for the Pathway Programme is equivalent to a 5.0 on the IELTS scale.
Steps 1 through 5 below outline how you can progress to earning a Bachelor degree at BI Norwegian Business School through our cooperative Pathway Programme with Jönköping University.
We have developed two programme tracks to which you can apply based on your qualifications.
Pathway Year + English Track - BI Norwegian Business School
- Entry level IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Programme length : 1 year
- Autumn, 30 ECTS (English I + Mathematics + Life and Studies Scandinavia)
- Spring, 30 ECTS (English II + Life and Studies Scandinavia II + BI Course)
Pathway Year + General Studies - BI Norwegian Business School
- Entry level IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Programme length : 1 year
- Autumn, 30 ECTS (English II + Mathematics + Life and Studies Scandinavia)
- Spring, 30 ECTS (Literature + BI Course + Gender Geographies + Culture and Society)