Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Get an entrepreneurial mindset and shape your own future. This master's programme gives you the knowledge and skills you need to start your own company, or to work with innovation in existing businesses.
- Start date: August 2023
What will you learn?
This programme is designed to provide you with entrepreneurial skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. This type of competence can enable you to start and develop your own business, help smaller companies grow and scale-up faster, and contribute to restructuring and innovation in existing businesses.
You will learn how to discover new opportunities, evaluate them in close dialogue with the environment, market, and customers, and implement new solutions or business areas. An important part of the programme is to learn about handling uncertainty and risk, and developing the skills necessary to quickly identify opportunities, test solutions, and adapt them to customer needs. Implementation and cooperation skills will also be key learning outcomes.
The programme will cover the following parts of the entrepreneurial process:
- Start-up: Development is about the actual process of starting and growing a new business. Knowledge and tools related to the entrepreneurial process, including leadership, market segmentation, business modelling and funding, are central to the successful development of profitable new companies. Explore models and tools for developing start-up companies and developing a convincing business plan.
- Scale up: Gain valuable insight into the phases, challenges, and opportunities that businesses need to address when growing and becoming sustainable and profitable. You will be well prepared to handle these real-world challenges when further pursuing a career within entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Corporate innovation: Examine how the innovation process changes when businesses reach the scale and size of large corporations. You will gain insight on the foundations of innovation, understanding how to gain corporate support for innovation efforts and corporate ventures.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
Engaging learning experiences and quality teaching are something we strive to provide, to help you build a solid skill and competency base, making you relevant for the future of work. In the video below, you will get the perspectives of our students, faculty, and the industry to understand the reasons for choosing to study an MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at BI.
Why choose an MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation?
With a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, you will be a viable candidate for a broad range of positions and industries, both in Norway and internationally. Below are some of our former students and the positions they secured straight after graduation.
Program Coordinator at Katapult
Customer Success Consultant at Kahoot!
Innovation Lead at DNV
Strategy Consulting Analyst at Accenture
Management Consultant at Capgemini Invent
"Fostering and honing the entrepreneurial skills and mindset of future generations is crucial for the tech industry. They are the foundation for innovation and growth within tech, which other industries and sectors depend on in their quest for productivity, efficiency, and sustainability. I have been part of the Advisory Council for over 2 years now and I’m very happy to see the programme equip students with the right resources, both theory and practice, and prepare them to lead the future of technology."
Partner Development Director at Cognite
THE ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET
The story of Brim Explorer is a good example of what a single person can achieve with the right mindset. To create change and innovation you need to think like an entrepreneur and have the knowledge and skills to give your idea the best chance to succeed.
A MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is the cornerstone of a successful career in an ever-changing world. In this programme you will learn to master actual situations through experiential learning— creating new ventures and building the skills needed for helping businesses solve their problems, scaling ventures to achieve growth, and learning about entrepreneurship and innovation in corporate settings. This programme will give you an entrepreneurial mindset and a valuable foundation for innovation and future businesses.
The entrepreneurial mindset
CUSTOMISE YOUR DEGREE
As a master student at BI, you have several exciting opportunities that will contribute to a varied and interesting student life, at the same time as you build relevant competence and gain an advantage in the job market by tailoring your degree.
Our internship programme is a credit-bearing course that gives you the opportunity to test subjects and industries based on your interests, competency, and personal qualities. An internship is valuable as a means of allowing you to experience how your field of study is applied in the business world and provides you with work experience that can be highly attractive to potential employers.
We offer a number of elective courses so that you can adapt your studies to your own interests and goals. This way you can build up competency and pursue a combination of courses that will make you attractive and unique.
Take part of your education abroad! If you want to work abroad or in an international company after your studies, this should be particularly relevant for you. Culture and language are important in all companies and organisations, but knowledge of other countries' customs, governance and behaviour can be absolutely crucial to global success.
Earn two master's degrees in the same time it takes to complete one. Double your insight, double your network, and double your potential!
- 60 credits (ECTS)
- 60 credits (ECTS)
- Start-up Development
Please be aware that the study plan and courses can be subject to change.
- Admission requirements for all Master of Science programmes
- Programme specific admission requirements for Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- If you are a current student at BI, log in to the student portal to find specific admission requirements in your education plan
Priority application deadline for Master of Science: 1 March
After 1 March, applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Credits: 120