Master of Science
Please note in addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degrees, each MSc programme has specific programme requirements.
General Admission Requirements – Master of Science
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
Admission Requirements for all MSc degree programmes
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance or economics
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) in a field of study relevant to the specialisation (80 ECTS)
2.0 GRADE REQUIREMENTS
- The minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement is 3.50 (B) on an ECTS scale
- A minimum grade of C in courses relevant to the MSc degree programme
3.0 STANDARDISED ADMISSION TEST
Applicants with an undergraduate degree from a higher education institution outside Norway/Nordics must also include one of the following:
- GMAT: 600
- GRE: 152 Verbal/158 Quantitative
Applicants may request a waiver for this requirement. For information on circumstances under which an exemption may be granted, please see the section on Exemptions and Waivers.
4.0 LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants whose first language is not English, and are from outside Norway/Nordics, must demonstrate competency with the following*:
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS Academic: 6.5
Language exemption: applicants may apply to have the language test requirement waived. For information on circumstances under which an exemption may be granted, please see the section on Exemptions and Waivers.
*Does not apply to the Master in Accounting and Auditing. See programme specific requirements for Norwegian language requirements.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
All credit allocation and grades will be converted to the ECTS according to BI Norwegian Business School’s established practice before an application will be evaluated for admission.
The admission requirements are minimum requirements that do not automatically give applicants a right of admission. The number of offers of admission is contingent on the number of study places available.
Overall Assessment: If an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements for admission, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall individual assessment of the application for admission, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
Programme Specific Admission Requirements
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of Science in Business
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Leadership and Organisational Psychology
- Master of Science in Quantitative Finance
- Master of Science in Strategic Marketing
- QTEM - Master of Science in Applied Economics
- QTEM - Master of Science in Business Analytics
- QTEM - Master of Science in Business major in Finance
- QTEM - Master of Science in Business major in Economics