Master of Science in Business
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate degree
A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance, or economics. A minimum of 90 ECTS must be comprised of credits from each of the following areas: business economics, methodology, economics and administration.
1.2 The Bachelor’s degree must include the following foundation courses:
- Statistics or Econometrics
- And a minimum of two administration and management courses within marketing, organisational management, strategy, etc.
1.3 Master in Business and Economics (Siviløkonom) degree
Candidates applying with a four-year Siviløkonom degree may seek admission to a 4 +1 model of the programme and will be individually assessed for admission.
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC GRADE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the entry requirements for all MSc degree programmes, the following requirements must be met:
- a minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the MSc programme. Courses include those listed as compulsory requirements for admission to the MSc in Business degree programme.
3.0 OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
4.0 ELIGIBILITY FOR SIVILØKONOM TITLE
Depending on the applicant’s educational background, s/he may be eligible for the Norwegian title ‘Siviløkonom’ upon graduation with the MSc in Business degree. The bachelor’s degree must meet the course requirements prescribed by the UHR (The Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions). For more information, please see the Siviløkonom Title page.
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that applicants have more knowledge in the areas of methodology, economics, and within the field of the chosen major.
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.
In addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degree programmes, each individual MSc programme has specific curricular requirements you must also fulfil to gain admission.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
BI Norwegian Business School prides itself on its rigorous academic curriculum and engaging educational experience with career-minded application of theory.
To succeed in the programme, applicants need a solid foundation in business, economics, and research methodology, an interest in building a broad base of knowledge in business and management practice, and a willingness to explore business concepts in fields outside their chosen major.
Our master’s degree programmes are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Global mindset: willingness to experience new cultures, languages, and life outside their comfort zone as demonstrated through exchange semesters, study abroad, global volunteer experiences, etc.
- Leadership potential: active participation and contribution to extra-curricular activities and volunteer work at school and in the community
- Academic ability: learns, applies knowledge, and improves academic standing over the course of a programme of academic study