BI–Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits/equivalent of at least 3 years ) in the field of:
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences (with course requirements for Marketing and Economics)
1.2 The Bachelor's degree must include the following courses, or equivalent:
- Foundations in Marketing
- Foundations in Economics (Micro or Macro)
- Statistics or Econometrics*
*Based on an overall assessment, an applicant may receive a conditional offer of admission if this course is lacking in the Bachelor’s degree. The applicant will be required to take a course in Statistics before the start of the academic year to fulfil this condition. BI Norwegian Business School offers a preparatory course in Statistics in July/August each year.
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC GRADE REQUIREMENTS
2.1 In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants require a minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme including Marketing, Statistics, and Economics.
2.2 Grade Point Average: The minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement is 3.50 (B) on an ECTS scale.
3.0 STANDARDISED TESTS
3.1 GMAT or GRE: Applicants must submit results for one of the tests below and achieve the minimum scores indicated:
- GMAT: 600
- GRE: 158 (Quantitative Reasoning) and 152 (Verbal)
Applicants may request a waiver for the GMAT requirement. In addition to the general BI waiver rules, the following categories qualify for a GMAT waiver for the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme:
- Students with a relevant Bachelor’s degree from an Italian post-secondary institution
- Students with a Bachelor's degree from one of Luiss’s partner schools or BI’s partner schools
3.2 LANGUAGE TESTS: TOEFL OR IELTS ACADEMIC: English language proficiency, certified by one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum 90
- IELTS Academic: minimum 6.5
Applicants may request a waiver for the English language proficiency requirement. In addition to the general BI waiver rules, the following categories qualify for an English Language proficiency test waiver for the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme:
- Graduates who have two years or more of higher education where the language of instruction was English
- Graduates from a country which is a member of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes and have English as the first foreign language taken over a period of at least 7 years in primary school, secondary school and upper secondary education
No GMAT/GRE or IELTS/TOEFL exemption is automatic. To request a waiver of the requirements, the applicant must submit a waiver application. Deviations from the general exemptions may occur as it is the prerogative of the Associate Dean to grant or decline the exemption.
4.0. OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the Admission Committee may make an offer of admission to the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.