BI–Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing
This page outlines the specific admission requirements for this programme. In addition, you must meet the general requirements for Master of Science.
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits/equivalent of at least 3 years ) in the field of:
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences (including courses in Marketing and Economics)
1.2 The Bachelor's degree must include the following courses, or equivalent:
- Foundations in Marketing
- Foundations in Economics (Micro or Macro)
- Statistics or Econometrics*
*Based on an overall assessment, an applicant may receive a conditional offer of admission if this course is lacking in the Bachelor’s degree. The applicant will be required to take a course in Statistics before the start of the academic year to fulfil this condition. BI Norwegian Business School offers a preparatory course in Statistics in July/August each year.
2. GRADE REQUIREMENTS
2.1 In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants require a minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme primarily Marketing, Statistics, and Economics.
2.2 Grade Point Average: The minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement is 3.50 (B) on an ECTS scale.
3. STANDARDISED TESTS
3.1 GMAT or GRE: Applicants must submit results for one of the tests below and achieve the minimum scores indicated:
- GMAT: 600
- GRE: 158 (Quantitative). There is no minimum requirement for the verbal reasoning score, but the higher the score the better it is for your application.
Applicants may request a waiver for the GMAT requirement. In addition to the general BI waiver rules, the following categories qualify for a GMAT waiver for the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme:
- Students with a relevant Bachelor’s degree from an Italian post-secondary institution
- Students with a Bachelor's degree from one of Luiss’s partner schools or BI’s partner schools
- Graduates with a degree from a Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish or an Icelandic institution
GMAT Institution Code: 0529
GRE Institution Code: 7365
3.2 Language tests: TOEFL or IELTS Academic: English language proficiency, certified by one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum 90
- IELTS Academic: minimum 6.5
Applicants may request a waiver for the English language proficiency requirement. In addition to the general BI waiver rules, the following categories qualify for an English Language proficiency test waiver for the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing programme:
- Graduates who have two years or more of higher education where the language of instruction was English
- Graduates from a country which is a member of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes and have English as the first foreign language taken over a period of at least 7 years in primary school, secondary school and upper secondary education
No GMAT/GRE or IELTS/TOEFL exemption is automatic. To request a waiver of the requirements, the applicant must submit a waiver application. Deviations from the general exemptions may occur as it is the prerogative of the Associate Dean to grant or decline the exemption.
TOEFL Institution Code: 0529
IELTS copies are accepted if the TRF number is visible
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.