How to apply
Learn about admission requirements and the application process for Free Mover applicants.
- We only accept free movers from non-partner universities.
- Free mover applicants must be enrolled in a study programme at a higher education institution abroad, and the stay at BI must be approved as part of the applicant’s degree.
- Bachelor students must have completed minimum 60 ECTS before coming to BI, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Master students must fulfil the general admission requirements for BI's Master of Science Programmes.
- A high level of English proficiency is required of all students at BI. Non-native English speakers may need to take an English test like TOEFL (minimum score 90) or IELTS (minimum score 6.5). Applicants whose whole study programme is conducted in English are exempt from this. For some applicants a confirmation of English proficiency from the home university might be sufficient. Please contact the International Office at BI for advice.
In addition to the online application form, applicants must submit all the following documentation. Note that we only process complete applications, and that all your supporting documents have to be sent together. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- CV (resume)
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the picture page of your passport or national ID card
- Your most recent academic transcript (Master applicants must also send the final transcript from their bachelor degree)
- Study abroad approval/ Learning Agreement from your home university
- Documentation of English skills
Send all your documents in one e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Free mover documents.
- Autumn semester: 1 May
- Spring semester: 1 October