Integrated Marketing Communication
Integrated marketing communications (IMC) is a strategic approach through which organizations drive performance by engaging, serving and communicating with consumers and other stakeholders. IMC combines qualitative understanding of consumers with large-scale analytics to develop communications and content that build and maintain strong brands. Grounded in advertising and direct media communications, IMC has emerged as the premier way for organizations to manage customer experiences in the digital age.
This course introduces students to the principles and practices of IMC. The course begins by discussing the definitions and scope and then moves to phases of IMC as a strategic process for managing the communications between an organization and its stakeholders.
- IMC: issues, influences and disruption
- How does IMC work?
- Marketing communications: strategies and planning
- Marketing communications: objectives and positioning
- The communications industry: structure, operations and finance
- Evaluation and metrics
- Branding and marketing communications
- The marketing communications mix
- Advertising: role, forms and strategy
- Public relations: principles and practice
- Brand placement, exhibitions, packaging and licensing
- Messages and creativity
- Media: principles and practice
- Digital and other interactive media
- Media planning in a digital age
To be confirmed