Combining both practical and theoretical knowledge, the core courses are designed to equip you with the most forward-facing perspectives on strategy, finance and leadership.
These courses provide a framework for the entire programme. The goal is to give you a set of both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills, each as beneficial as the other. To make everything easier for you, our courses are divided into three main categories, based on what we know are the most sought-after leadership skills modern managers are looking for:
Value creation in Business Markets
- Strategy Analysis: Learn how to generate, evaluate and choose strategic alternatives.
- Marketing: A comprehensive introduction to the field of strategic marketing and decision-making.
- Corporate Finance: We provide you with insights and practical tools that will help you make sound financial decisions.
- Financial Accounting: Learn how to talk-the-talk with accountants and understand the principles of financial accounting.
- Managerial Economics: Develop an intuitive and analytical feeling for the working of the market mechanism.
- Management Accounting: Understand the concepts and tools behind management accounting, allowing you to “connect the dots” between numbers and management decisions.
- Leadership: Identify challenges and improve your own performance by developing a personal leadership model.
- Human Resource Management: Here we address human resource topics from a business perspective and teach you how to implement more effective HRM practises and systems.
- Business Ethics in Practice: Understand the role of ethics in management and the importance of both personal and corporate integrity and accountability.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Get to know the systems, tools and techniques used to successfully manage innovation.Get to know the systems, tools and techniques used to successfully manage innovation. This is a two-week course taking place at Haas Business School/University of California at Berkeley.