The BI Executive MBA is designed to give you the tools to lead your organisation towards a digital, global and sustainable future. All sought-after skills for future leaders.
PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE WITH EMBA
The emergence of the Internet, new technologies and internationalisation have disrupted business models and we have witnessed the rise and fall of industry giants. It has also led to modern leaders requiring a new and broader set of skills to perform their jobs.
Business has simply become more digital, more global and more sustainable. An international and forward-looking mindset, as well as the ability to lead people effectively through change and technological innovation are highly sought-after leadership traits. As a leader, how prepared are you for these challenges?
The Executive MBA programme and the pandemic
The Executive MBA has been running successfully throughout the pandemic and has been permitted to facilitate on-campus teaching also during periods of pandemic-related restrictions. In the cases where students are not able to come to campus, we ensure that students can participate through our high-end hybrid solutions to ensure the Executive MBA experience. When restrictions have prevented us from taking the class abroad, the class run online to ensure study progression and study trips are organised when restrictions allow. Would you like to know more? Please contact us for details.
Tailor your degree
At BI, we offer something different. With our elective courses you can tailor your degree with Global Leadership, Digitalization and Sustainability.
Choose among a total of ten different elective courses, all designed for you to meet the business demands of tomorrow. Some of the topics are:
- Design Thinking
- Digital Business Models
- Green Entrepreneurship and Systems Innovation
- Business in a Global Context
- Succeeding with Sustainable Growth
Our programmes are tailored to meet the students’ needs and schedule. Through this 18-months learning experience, you will complete six intensive modules, each lasting two weeks. The programme consists of:
While this format is intense, it allows you to continue working full time alongside studying and to actively contribute your new found knowledge to your company.
Join our info sessions
Want to learn more about the Executive MBA? Join our online information sessions or register for a one-to-one meeting.
WHAT MAKES THE BI EXECUTIVE MBA UNIQUE?
- Case based learning methodology with a practical approach
- Personal development Programme - work on your Career or Leadership Development
- Project work - engaging Consultancy Project on a real business challenge
- Global learning platform - through distinguished venues worldwide
- Network for life - with ambitious and experienced fellow participants
- International recognition - BI is proud to be among the less than 1% of business schools worldwide that have been awarded "triple crown accreditation"
…of our EMBA students say they got a career boost after finishing
…of our students received a higher position within one year of graduating
…of our students change their country of work within one year of graduating
WHO IS EXECUTIVE MBA FOR?
This programme is for ambitious professionals who seeks to develop as a leader and succeed with ambitious career plans. One of the most valuable assets of the Executive MBA programme is the knowledge and insight of its participants, who bring tremendous value to both colleagues and customers.
We would rather have people in the classroom, but when travelling became impossible for many this semester, we contacted our helpful robots for assistance.
BRINGING REAL LIFE BUSINESS TO THE CLASSROOM
The curriculum is almost exclusively based on case studies, exposing you to a broad set of real life business problems. The knowledge of lecturers and experience of participants combine to make for a wealth of practical ideas to bring back to your company throughout the programme. The intense schedule encourages insightful discussions, both within and outside of the classroom, and opens up the opportunity for a richly diverse international network.
REWARDING GROUP WORK
One of the most valuable assets of the programme is the diversity of participants' backgrounds, and therefore group-based projects make for an important part of the assignments. You will work in groups of 4-6 students of diverse backgrounds - each with different strengths. Multicultural teams create forums for you to develop your international network and strengthen your cooperation skills. We change groups several times during the programme and after each group work we conduct a peer feedback as part of the self-development process. Between modules, group members can work together through our virtual campus. Participants find their study group crucial for both support and knowledge development throughout the programme.
Associate Dean MBA ANDERS DYSVIK
Anders Dysvik is a Professor in the Department of Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at BI. His research interests include HR, organisational psychology and leadership.
In the video below you can hear him talk about why you should enrol to the MBA at BI Norwegian Business School.
Why a MBA at BI?
- Module 1 week 1 (core module): 06 - 11 March 2023 in Oslo
- Module 1 week 2 (core module): 13 - 18 March 2023 in Oslo
- Module 2 week 1 (core module): 25 May - 3 June 2023 in Oslo
- Module 2 week 2 (electives): 5 - 10 June 2023 in Oslo
- Module 3 week 1 (core module): 4 - 9 September 2023 in Oslo
- Module 3 week 2 (core module): 11 - 16 September 2023 in Oslo
- Module 4 week 1 (core module): 20 - 25 November 2023 in Oslo
- Module 4 week 2 (electives): 27 November - 2 December 2023 in Madrid, Potsdam or Stockholm
- Module 5 week 1 (core module): 19 - 23 February 2024 at Berkeley
- Module 5 week 2 (core module): 26 February - 1 March 2024 at Berkeley
- Module 6 week 1 (electives): 3 - 8 June 2024 in Oslo or Madrid
- Module 6 week 2 (electives): 10 - 15 June 2024 in Oslo
- Consultancy project presentations and graduation: 25 - 26 September 2024 in Oslo
BI MBA Alumni network
The BI MBA Alumni network consists of more than 2000 members globally, and represents a wealth of knowledge, resources, and both local and international networking opportunities. It is a community of high achievers with shared experiences through MBA, and EMBA programs.
To ensure members stay connected and continue to utilize all BI has to offer, the BI Alumni board has been established, where members are previous and current EMBA students. The board is responsible for activities ranging from educational, such as seminars, talks, workshops, to social, like golf tournaments, and wine tastings to retain the established relationships and continue building professional networks.
In addition, EMBA Alumni have access to:
- Career coaching, in collaboration with AS3, at a reduced price. This professional advice and counselling offer is quite unique as AS3 typically only works with companies, not individuals, and is tailored specifically for the BI MBA Alumni.
- EMBA electives to a reduced price. Participation is together with the on-going EMBA-class, and the schedule for these one-week electives you find on the programme webpage. The offer includes both electives in Norway and abroad.
6 March 2023
Applications received by 10 January will be given priority. BI Norwegian Business School will continue to accept applications until programme start ,and no applications will be accepted after this date. Offers of admission will be made based on availability of seats in the programme.
Applicants from outside the EU who do not currently reside in Norway must apply by January 10 to allow time for securing a visitor’s visa.
For the BI Scholarship the application deadline is 1 December and offers will be sent to selected candidates by 6 weeks before the start-up of the programme.
18 months part-time, divided into six two-weeks modules.
The Executive MBA is an intense programme that requires total commitment from its participants. The admissions committee places particulare emphasis on each applicant`s academic qualifications, motivation, professional experience and maturity.
All modules on campus will be offered as a hybrid (live on-campus and online)
Applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis. Qualifying applicants are invited for an interview.
The tuition fee is NOK 490 000 (divided into three instalments). Digital study materials are included. The tuition fee does not included travel expenses (flights and accommodation).
As this is a part time programme, you can only apply for a tourist visa. If you are eligible for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, the EMBA is a supported programme. Please see their website for more information. Please note that we are unable to assist you with queries related to the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund.
BI offers scholarships for exceptional candidates joining the Executive MBA. Females and employees in non-governmental organizations are encouraged to apply.