Personal development programme
This course aims, as part of the EMBA programme and in addition to academic courses, to support students’ personal development, and help them attain their leadership development goals and their career development goals.
Throughout the EMBA-programme you will be given opportunities to learn and reflect upon topics such as:
Methods to increase self-awareness and development:
- Career development. A series of workshops will address career-related topics relevant to career development. The purpose of these workshops is to provide students with career tools and advice, and give them the opportunity to exchange with others on relevant career-related topics, to support their career development journey.
- Personality testing and 360 degree feedback. In order to increase students’ ability to understand how their personal attributes and inter-personal style influences their work achievements, their career, and their leadership style, they will go through an extensive personality testing. Furthermore, data will be gathered from current and/or former work colleagues applying the 360 degree format.
- In-depth analysis of personality profile and 360 report. Students will also be given the opportunity to have an individual 90-minute session with a faculty specialized in personality testing, where will they get an in-depth analysis of their personality profile and the 360 degree feedback report. The aim of this session is to identify specific developmental goals (i.e,, leadership development goals or career development goals) for the further process with the mentor.
- Working with a mentor. All students are encouraged to engage, as a mentee, in a mentoring relationship with a mentor whose experience and expertise is relevant to the student’s development goals. Mentors are BI EMBA alumni students that are motivated to take on the role as a mentor and that have been found suitable for this role.
- Peer-feedback. In addition to the extensive 360 degree feedback procedure, all group works will be evaluated in a structured way, so that students get a anonymous peer-feedback report indicating how the other group members experienced working with them. The purpose of giving students continuous and extensive feedback throughout the EMBA program is to increase students’ self-awareness and help them understand both how they contribute to groups and what might cause inter-personal challenges.