How to Apply
BI welcomes applications from all over the world! We currently have approximately 20 different nationalities in our PhD programme. BI has announcements for open scholarships at the end of every year with a deadline early the following year.
You may apply to the PhD programme when there is funding through one of the following three options:
- Open scholarship (funded by BI)
- Scholarship linked to a research project
- Industrial PhD
Announcements are published together with other vacant positions at BI. Follow the link below to check what is currently available.
Your PhD application should always contain the following:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or comparable degree, please include transcripts of grades
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- Verification document
- Minimum 2 letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher
You may upload:
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see last section of § 3.1.1 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
- A writing sample if requested in the announcement
- Test scores if required in the announcement
All applications must be submitted electronically through an online application form, and not through e-mail. If you use the wrong application form your application will not reach the correct department and will not be considered. We do not require a paper version of your application. We are not able to return any documents sent to us by post.
For certain announcements BI will ask for GRE /GMAT test and TOEFL / IELTS. If we are requesting this it will be clearly stated in the announcement.
Please note that students are admitted on the PhD Programme by BI and not by individual faculty members. It is essential that you should not assume that you can be offered admission to the programme on the basis of your informal contacts with faculty members.
Should you require further information or have questions regarding the application process please contact the PhD Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.