Corporate Finance and Governance of Privately Held Firms
The objective of the conference is to take some initial steps toward a better understanding of how privately held firms are governed and financed.
- Starts:08:00, 23 May 2008
- Ends:12:15, 24 May 2008
- Location:BI Norwegian Business School - campus Oslo
Privately held firms probably account for the largest portion of value creation and employment in virtually any country around the world. These firms are likely to evolve and utilize governance structures and to face specific financing challenges that are very different from those of publicly traded corporations. The objective of the conference is to take some initial steps toward a better understanding of how privately held firms are governed and financed.
- Oyvind Norli, BI Norwegian Business School (Chair)
- Morten Bennedsen, Copenhagen Business School
- Erik Lie, University of Iowa - Henry B. Tippie College of Business
- David C. Smith, University of Virginia - McIntire School of Commerce