EBHA's Best Paper Prize
Since 2009, EBHA has awarded a prize for the best paper on European business history presented at its annual congress. The prize consists of a certificate and a cash prize of €250.00. The winner will be announced, and the prize presented at the annual congress' gala dinner.
Papers that meet all of the following three criteria are eligible:
- The paper is on European business history or on international business history with a European
- The paper adheres to the maximum length; and
- The paper is uploaded to the conference web site on or before July 15th, 2023.
The term “European business history” is defined broadly, but it refers here to the topic of the paper,
NOT to the author’s nationality or place of residence.
The procedure for nominating papers is as follows:
- The best paper prize committee for the conference will assess all papers included on the conference web site as a PDF file by the deadline indicated below for eligibility using the criteria outlined above. There is no need for authors, chairs, or discussants to nominate papers.
- Papers will only be considered by the committee if they follow these guidelines:
The paper must be no longer than 20 pages of A4, double spaced, and with a minimum 12-point font size. This amounts to around 8,000 words.
Authors should note that the maximum length includes any references and bibliography. To this may be appended, in addition, tables, graphs, or pictures.
The paper must be uploaded to the conference web site as a PDF file no later than July 15th, 2023 in order to be considered. Specified in the submission you are applying to this prize.
- Members of the best paper prize committee are ineligible for the prize.
The best paper prize committee’s decision is final, and it reserves the right not to award a prize in any given year.
Important: All members of the Best Paper Prize Committee are not allowed to discuss their decision outside the committee. The Best Paper Prize Committee will never give any reason for its decisions.
Best Paper Prize Committee 2023:
Veronica Binda (Chair), Bram Bouwens, Alvaro Ferreira da Silva, and Maiju Wuokko.