Bachelor International Scholarship
Awarded to students with a strong academic record with an international education background.
Bachelor International Scholarship will cover 50% of tuition fees for up to three years, if the student maintains the academic progression requirements for scholarship recipients.
- International applicants with international education background who do not reside in Norway are considered for this scholarship.
- Candidates who apply to and receive an offer of admission in one of the following programmes:
Note: International applicants with citizenship from outside the EU/EEA/Great Britain are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Apply for a scholarship at the same time as you apply for admission on the online application portal.
- Write a scholarship application letter, maximum one-page, outlining why you should receive this scholarship. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, not on financial need.
- Upload it to the section marked ‘Scholarship’ in your online application for admission.
- Include all the required documentation to be evaluated for admission. The scholarship application will only be considered if a complete application for admission has been submitted.
- Applicants currently in the final year of high school must provide final transcripts as soon as they are available in June, no later than June 27.
- International applicants who apply for the BI International Scholarship will also be considered for the Women in Finance and Tech Scholarship (if eligible). A separate scholarship application letter is not required.
Applications for scholarship are not accepted by email.
Late applications will not be considered.
International applicants who do not reside in Norway.
BI has a generous scholarship programme for bachelor’s studies. However, the competition for scholarships is great. Each year, the number of scholarship applications received from applicants is far greater than the number of scholarships available.
- BI Norwegian Business School aims to build a diverse and international student body.
- Only applicants who have been admitted to a specified bachelor’s programme and have applied as instructed will be considered.
- BI ensures distribution of scholarships across bachelor’s programmes.
- BI reserves the right to award scholarships according to institutional priorities which many include prioritizing specific bachelor’s programmes, diversity and gender distribution, or countries.
- All applicants will be assessed on their transcripts and application letters.
- Other factors that may influence awarding could be other academic achievements, extracurricular achievements, and special personal achievements.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, not on financial need.
- Scholarship offers are not sent with offers of admission.
- Applicants should accept the offer of admission while awaiting scholarship decisions.
- Bachelor’s scholarships will be awarded in two rounds: end of April (international applicants) and in late June/early July (Norwegian and international applicants).
- Applicants who do not receive a scholarship offer in the First Round will be considered for scholarships in the Second Round.
- Scholarship offers must be accepted by the date indicated on the offer. Scholarships not accepted by the deadline will be withdrawn/cancelled and awarded to another candidate.
- Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants who receive a scholarship offer will be notified of the results of the scholarship application.
Scholarship decisions cannot be appealed.
All candidates must meet academic progression requirements to maintain their scholarship. Detailed requirements are included in the Scholarship Agreement.
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a "B" on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the Bachelor International Scholarship must be prepared to be "BI Ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts, and promoting a good study environment. Scholarship recipients will be informed about responsibilities during the academic year.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per applicant.
- Awarded scholarships are tied to a designated academic programme and cannot be transferred.
- Candidates who have already earned a bachelor’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only candidates admitted to the Bachelor of Data Science for Business, Bachelor of Business Administration, or Bachelor of Digital Business programme commencing Autumn 2023 will be considered for this scholarship.