Gender diversity action plan 2020-2022
Our focus areas are based on an analysis of the main challenges for gender equality.
Increase share of female faculty
- Targeted recruitment efforts in Finance and Economics – Provost/HoD/HR
- Targeted recruitment efforts at campuses outside Nydalen – Provost/EVP fulltime/HR
Increase male share in administrative positions and in managerial positions – level 3
- Targeted recruitment efforts in all divisions - HR
Increase awareness of unconscious biases
- Seminar series – Reading between the lines – Provost
Prevention and handling of sexual harassment - HR
- Risk assessment
- Specify code of conduct
- Implement new policies on notification and handling of sexual harassment
- Training – managers and supervisors PHD students
- Awareness – PHD students
Yearly reporting and analysis on key indicators - HR
- Work environment survey 2020 and 2022
Increase the number of female students in the Bachelor of MSc programmes in Finance.
- Women in Finance initiative
Competence and training
BI is a part of the KIF network (The committee Gender Balance and diversity in research KIF, appointed by the Ministry of Education and Research) and participates in their sector seminars as well as using them as advisor to develop our work on DEIB.
BI also funds the faculty based initiative Reading between the lines, which is an arena where national and international researchers holds seminars on issues related to gender inequality in academia.
BI has developed a policy against harassment and sexual harassment, and a training program for leaders and employees.