Response options in case of life-threatening violence/pågående livstruende vold (PLIVO)
Call the police (112), try to stay calm, and describe as much as you can:
- What: is happening?
- Where: address, where in the building?
- How: for example, what kind of weapon (rifle, pistol, knife?), how many attackers?
If possible, hold the line and follow the perpetrator at a safe distance. If needed, the emergency central can connect to the camera on your phone.
Assess your response options:
- Run if you can
- To a safe place, not the fire assembly point.
- When you are safe, let your next of kin know
- Hide if you are not able to run
- Lock or close the doors (barricade)
- Put your phone on silent
- Block lines of vision, turn of the lights
- Can you evacuate now? RUN
- Fight if you do not have any other choice
- What may be used as a weapon?
- Attack the weapon or the perpetrator's eyes and throat- try to bring him or her down
This information and knowledge is important in both your work and leisure time.