3 months intensive program to develop your global scaling strategy.
Our experts, mentors, entrepreneurs, faculty and investors are ready to support you in building the capabilities required for your company to scale.
Participating companies will be invited to four modules and will join a continuous strategy development process throughout the program.
Modules are held in:
- San Francisco
Nordic high tech-companies with global growth ambitions are invited to join the program. We require that the participating companies already have a product or service in the market and back by risk capital.
The program starts on September 14th with a kick off seminar:
- Module 1: September 29th - 30th Online
- Module 2: October 17th – 18th Oslo
- Module 3: November 14th – 17th Helsinki
- Module 4: November 28th – 2nd San Francisco
The program is co-designed by Aalto ENT and BI Norwegian Business School with Nordea Startup & Growth. Professor Sut I Wong is academic responsible for the program.
GlobalScaleX is the step to take to get your company to the next level. Enroll two to three of the company´s management team members in the program and use the 12 weeks to develop your scaling strategy with the help of our trainers and mentors.
- Identify where to target resources to maximize growth
- Gain new tools and frameworks for scaling
- Get inspiration and new ideas from experienced trainers and business mentors
- Clarify your business strategy and optimize your business processes
Identify your company's current state, set future targets, detect the scaling barriers and select a strategic target based on the allocation of resources
Four two-day modules focusing on development of company's processes and capabilities.
Four private mentoring sessions with an expert selected to support company's unique scaling journey.
We use Triple Chasm Model - a scaleup analysis to identify a company's internal and external capabilities. This framework is developed by Dr hailandra Vyakarnam and Uday Phadke based on researcho of over 3000 scaleups companies globally.
- Identifying company's strengths and competitive advantages
- Recognizing the weaknesses and development areas
- Detect and select the strategic target based on the allocation of resources
- Identify company's growth and scaling barriers
Dr. Shailendra Vyakarnam, PhD, Cranfield School of Management, Director of the Bettany Centre for Entrepreneurship, Cranfield School of Management
Watch video: Aalto Leaders' Insight: Why is Scaling-Up so Hard?
In Module 2, participants will learn about different ways that companies create value and earn a profit. A verified business model is the necessary foundation for a scaling strategy to work. The participants will learn about how different businesses scale, locally and globally.
Furthermore, the participants will learn from truly successful companies that build long-term relationships with key customers based on a thorough understanding of their wants and needs. These customer centric firms grow by attracting the right customers and by making sure that they retain and grow their most valuable customers over time.
We will focus on how to lead a growing company and create successful culture and teams. We will use Hogan Leadership Assessment to help you build great leaders, impact the bottom line and develop talented employees. You will also learn what capabilities are the most needed for founders / leaders to lead a growing company.
Objectives for the module:
- Identifying leader’s strengths and developmental needs
- To be aware of your mindset and thinking
- Psychological safety is the foundation of creativity - physiology of psychological safety and how to actively create it
- Courage orientation in conversation; high stakes and tough moments, who isn't afraid?
- High quality conversation model (OK5) is always effective - learn to use it
Ira Lange, MA, University of Helsinki, Certified Business Coach (ICF) and Team Builder, TM
Riitta Lumme-Tuomala, DBA (Doctor of Business Administration), Head of Growth, Aalto University Executive Education
We bring you to the heart of innovation, Silicon Valley, to meet successful entrepreneurs and investors that will share their experience and knowledge with you. Tematically, this module will focus on how to attract and raise funds for scaling your business internationally. How does the venture capital industry in Silicon Valley function as the key ressource to scale tech companies globally, is one of the questions that will be adressed.
Our mentor network consists of serial entrepreneurs, investors, and experts in different fields. During the program, each company team will be matched with mentors to help them with their specific needs. For each example, if you are working on raising funding and need to understand how to structure your funding process, we would connect you with experts in debt financing, venture capital investors to explore available funding options.
The Nordic Innovation House is a community platform accelerating high-quality Nordic tech startups, scaleups and growth companies. Via this strong community and network, they connect Nordic companies into the right ecosystem stakeholders with presence in Silicon Valley, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo providing a global network and framework tailored to serve the local ecosystem needs.
The company get service package from Nordic Innovation House globally. The package include:
- Introduction to the market
- Access to community platform
- Showcase the company to the platform
- Co-working space trial
- Event invitation
- Connect to the local ecosystem